70 Fury 3 Dash Woodgrain Trim Strip

Apollo12

Reaction score
This trim strip on the passenger side of the dash pad is loose. It was apparently attached with mounting tape. It is an odd item because it is the only piece of woodgrain in the whole interior.
Is it original? What do you recommend for reattaching it?

20210627_115856.jpg

20210627_120415.jpg

A B5 Fury with original mats too, I LOVE IT!

Check to see if it was mounted with a "nub" at each end. Those go through the pad leaving a hole. That makes doing without impossible. Using double face tape is your best solution, one I've done before.

There are no holes in the pad. There is a spot on either end of the back of the trim strip that could be where a pin was cut off.

It is original yes, some cars got it and some did not
Woodgrain specific to Fury III and above, with "black crinkle" or sinilar on Fury I and Fury II?

Update -- Nothing about that pad mentioned in the Dealer Order Guide at www.hamtramck-historical.com. I found an "Insert, I/Panel Trim Pad" at 23-84-5 in the 1970-71 Chrysler parts book, 2985280, for all C-body Plymouths except "Sp. 2DR HT" models.

Wondering if it might have interfaced with the 3-spoke woodgrained steering wheel option, which was available on all Furys that model year? Had to be something to trigger its use on Furys that model year.

Last edited:
There seem to be a lot of cars with nothing there, just an indentation in the dash pad. Anyway I got some 3M 1/2 inch "Super Strength Molding Tape" and it mounted back nicely. This site is really helpful. I have learned a lot.

Woodgrain specific to Fury III and above, with "black crinkle" or sinilar on Fury I and Fury II?

Update -- Nothing about that pad mentioned in the Dealer Order Guide at www.hamtramck-historical.com. I found an "Insert, I/Panel Trim Pad" at 23-84-5 in the 1970-71 Chrysler parts book, 2985280, for all C-body Plymouths except "Sp. 2DR HT" models.

Wondering if it might have interfaced with the 3-spoke woodgrained steering wheel option, which was available on all Furys that model year? Had to be something to trigger its use on Furys that model year.

Agreed.
I can say on the 71 Polara which uses the same pad the Custom model triggered the wood insert. Anything below that shouldn't have it. I presume there was a Fury price point which triggered the insert as well.

Back