70 Fury I cop car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why he hasnt managed to move it, how many Ford Fairlane loving enthusiasts out there would be wanting a Fury sedan even if it is an ex cop car?

I can see why he hasnt managed to move it, how many Ford Fairlane loving enthusiasts out there would be wanting a Fury sedan even if it is an ex cop car?

Yeah, kinda reads like "want to trade my crap for your gold".

Probably dragged it off the lawn from his neighbor's place for free.

The police package cars are a good bit more desirable than a regular 4dr. sedan with such a powertrain.

I wonder how many miles she has over 100 mph???

Probably plenty. I've thought before that an old police car has had more time over 100mph than a Ferrari or Lamborghini. My Dad drove these cars back in the day, and they tore motor mounts out and beat them constantly any chance that they got.

The police package cars are a good bit more desirable than a regular 4dr. sedan with such a powertrain.
Hardly, i could have bought a 1978 Plymouth fury(Dukes of hazzard style) ex cop highway patrol big block car that was rust free and running, black and white paint still visible, still had the light bar in the back seat for $400 and plenty of people knew about it. i didn't have the cash at the time to buy it, so it went to scrap. If ex cop cars are worth so much more money, then this one would have been snapped up by someone, anyone even as a flipper. It amazes me still, how little people ask for some cars and never get a bite anyway.

Well, they're still 4dr. sedans, so it appeals only to a very limited special interest market; a two door hardtop or convertible will sell quicker almost any time and as Dave mentioned this one's not in that good shape which further narrows down potential buyers. I still would consider a premium for these package cars and more so in the years up to about 71 give and take a year or so, just the way it is with muscle cars of these model years but on a way smaller scale. Good ones with correct restos sold for up to 17k if I correctly remember some figures mentioned here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back