70 fury III 383 air cleaner black?

If the 1970 Fury 383 has a 4bbl carb under it and has dual snorkles, then it probably should be crinkle black (as my 1970 Monaco Brougham 383 "N" came). With age, by observation, the crinkle will flatten out and start to disappear.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

also has the stove pipe on air cleaner and finned exhaust manifold.
so do i need the shield over manifold to hook up pipe?

also has the stove pipe on air cleaner and finned exhaust manifold.
so do i need the shield over manifold to hook up pipe?
If you desire. Many times, the bolts which hold the shield on are soft and break off in the cast iron, so you might investigate that, too. Also make sure the vac motors which run the flapper doors in the snorkles are working and don't leak vacuum, for good measure. Plus the thermostat in the base of the air cleaner where the vac comes to from the engine.

The shield is a two-piece item. The outer piece which the flex hose hooks to with an inner piece which is basically a flat piece of metal with some flanges/tangs to interface with the outer piece so it is all secured and does not rattle.

Many people removed that stuff "back when" as "unneeded emissions unk". Now, finding it can be a task. IF those fins on the lh manifold weren't there, little would be visible to imply that the shields were not there, unless you knew what you were looking at.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

"crinkle" = "wrinkle" = "not flat and smooth" as normal paint might be. It sprays on flat, then shrinks ("shrinkle"?) as it drys and such to make the wrinkled look.

Back