For Sale 70 Monaco 500 FK5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FK3 Sport Fury

Hoser in a toque
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine but saw this on BookFace yesterday,it appears to be a factory promo car loaded with options and a 440.It's all apart for a resto but looks solid and very saveable.
Last two pics appear to show the current state of the car.

"Selling my 70 Monaco 500 super cheap. Loaded up special order car with tons of great parts, NOS and other. Car is completely apart for paint and resto, still rolls and steers. Clear title. $3500 in San Diego"

47026732_10215175944169605_6083560010707632128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.jpg

46644841_10215175944009601_5673191587975266304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.jpg

45977469_10215086977905504_2149638269883645952_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.jpg

45872621_10215086978265513_6013410030689189888_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.jpg

46101437_10215086979705549_2381157047455449088_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.jpg

46174807_10215086980305564_524410056528101376_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.jpg

Oops,how did I miss that?

Anyways,the seller just posted that he will start parting it out if he doesn't have any serious interest in the next few weeks.Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

IF the car's "apart", that just makes it easier to part out. And send to the crusher, having all of the good stuff removed. It was worth more when it was still together. Looks like it just needed some cosmetic stuff and tlc, to start with. Now it's "otherwise".

CBODY67

It's a shame the owner got in over his head. All of the options and color would have made it one sweet ride. I always thought the reverse lights were cool on these cars.

Still not exactly sure why it was even taken apart to begin with. Probably someone was going to try and restore and got lazy/unmotivated/realized how much funds go into a restoration. Poor car.

Getting close to the end of the year so I think whoever took this one apart won’t get beat out for ******* of the year ‘18.

Last edited:
:lol: ......:thumbsup:

You should start a thread, let there be nominations, then a vote the last week of December.
No way. It would turn political too fast and I’d want to ignore it....

The guy that now owns it does restorations for his customers. But after buying this car from a friend of mine, he also bought a 300F that was an unexpected purchase that he want's to complete for himself I believe and has some customer cars that need to be completed as well. His plan was to paint the Monaco and reassemble it and sell it, but soon after found out that he had too much on his plate and too many other customer cars to complete and thus decided to sell it as is. I think from his comment/realization that "C body guys are notoriously cheap", that helped lead to his decision to reverse course given the investment he would have in the car and his ability to get his money out of it as well. Unfortunate that this is the outcome though. I think he is serious about parting it, as knowing how many NOS parts are in the purchase he made, he will get more money from selling them than the whole project as now listed at $3500. And he found out the engine and transmission had already been rebuilt after buying the car as well.

If I didn't have a virtually identical car (mine has the tilt/tel column and manual a/c - not much of anything else is different) I most likely would have bought this one. Mine is nice enough that it will not be completely restored (or taken apart), but rather painted and completed pretty much as it is.

This car for sale is really a very good deal even if it does need reassembly if you really like these models as I do.

Last edited:
The guy that now owns it does restorations for his customers. But after buying this car from a friend of mine, he also bought a 300F that was an unexpected purchase that he want's to complete for himself I believe and has some customer cars that need to be completed as well. His plan was to paint the Monaco and reassemble it and sell it, but soon after found out that he had too much on his plate and too many other customer cars to complete and thus decided to sell it as is. I think from his comment/realization that "C body guys are notoriously cheap", that helped lead to his decision to reverse course given the investment he would have in the car and his ability to get his money out of it as well. Unfortunate that this is the outcome though. I think he is serious about parting it, as knowing how many NOS parts are in the purchase he made, he will get more money from selling them than the whole project as now listed at $3500. And he found out the engine and transmission had already been rebuilt after buying the car as well.

If I didn't have a virtually identical car (mine has the tilt/tel column and manual a/c - not much of anything else is different) I most likely would have bought this one. Mine is nice enough that it will not be completely restored (or taken apart), but rather painted and completed pretty much as it is.

This car for sale is really a very good deal even if it does need reassembly if you really like these models as I do.

If you go to his Facebook page he's doing a 71 "cuda. Lots of metal work. It's looking really good now.

:bs_flag: ..........He's not a Mopar guy OR a car guy if hes willing to part it! In saying that there is a difference in selling off the NOS parts and breaking up the car . Anyone willing to take a car down that much and THEN only to realize it isnt worth anything is only in it for the money which makes him not a car guy.

Thanks for those comments about the car, BUT how many of the restorations that go through Barrett-Jackson sell for what the restoration cost? Or at least most of it? I suspect, not many unless it's a very desirable vehicle where the selling price would be commensurate with its book value and cover the cost of the world-class restoration it received.

I don't know that C-body people are "notoriously cheap". I guess that if we weren't "cheap", we'd be in B/E-bodies instead? OR, do we demand greater "value" for our $$$$?

It seems it would have been more prudent to get the Monaco 500, put it in dry storage, and wait for a "down time" period, and THEN delve into it. Not go whole hog with full disassembly and then have other thoughts about doing it to start with.

OR, might it be "a hook" to sell it for $3500.00 and then the new owner would let him work his magic on it? NOT that that's the case.

Oh well . . .

CBODY67

Thanks for those comments about the car, BUT how many of the restorations that go through Barrett-Jackson sell for what the restoration cost? Or at least most of it? I suspect, not many unless it's a very desirable vehicle where the selling price would be commensurate with its book value and cover the cost of the world-class restoration it received.

I don't know that C-body people are "notoriously cheap". I guess that if we weren't "cheap", we'd be in B/E-bodies instead? OR, do we demand greater "value" for our $$$$?

It seems it would have been more prudent to get the Monaco 500, put it in dry storage, and wait for a "down time" period, and THEN delve into it. Not go whole hog with full disassembly and then have other thoughts about doing it to start with.

OR, might it be "a hook" to sell it for $3500.00 and then the new owner would let him work his magic on it? NOT that that's the case.

Oh well . . .

CBODY67

I think it might be more accurate that he is into the older Forward Look cars from what I can glean, and he is also a businessman who has to be pragmatic to keep producing income and keep the customers happy. He didn't plan on finding a 300F when he did, and so something had to give was my take on what he is saying. I do know of his name from decades of participation in Forward Look cars, so I will not judge him since I am not in his shoes. But I do understand your perception based on what you know of the matter and your appreciation for these models, even if it is a Monaco, not a Polara in this instance. :poke:

By the way, there are some Polaras I really do like the best when they were top of the line...........................

But I can actually understand your position with Monacos vs. Polaras, since I too prefer the sportier image Chrysler 300s in the medium price range than the more luxury oriented New Yorkers. Peace bro.

1960-dodge-polara-d-500-convertible-r3q-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back