For Sale 70 Newport Conv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

62dodge

Reaction score
Contact seller
Howdy all I have an awesome opportunity to purchase a car of my dreams so I am pre posting the vert. for sale. This is the one I bought from the "Kee" auction. The good starts, runs, turns, stops, new tires, new quiet exhaust, top goes up and down, charging system works, pwr. windows go up and down, pwr. seat works. The bad gas gauge works backwards more gas in the more empty it reads rim blow steering wheel doesn't work the horns themselves work the clock is right twice a day. The top needs replacing the bumpers need to be redone. The reason for no price is the car will be repainted and I don't know how much this will cost. If you are interested in car pm me as this the first place that I will list it. Thank you bob 009.jpg011.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

sounds like you either have the wires off the fuel sending unit reversed or it is installed incorrectly

Good question.

You're figuring the cost of the paint job resulting in a higher price will make it easier to sell??
And your dream car pops up.
My logic runs one-80 to this.

Posted via Topify on Android

You're figuring the cost of the paint job resulting in a higher price will make it easier to sell??

A good paint job on that car will cost 3-5K to be right. If you try to recoup that cost by adding it to your current value your gonna price it right out of the market. It's a Cbody .......... great cars, but undervalued in the market.

The three cars that I desire the most are as follows. 1 1971 Hemi cuda' conv., 2 1957-58 Chrysler 300, 3 1962 Chrysler 300 conv. The car that I have a chance of buying is the stamp car a 1957 Chrysler 300. As per paint my good friend has a body shop and the price will be reasonable. The car has some bare spots were the paint has come off and since the car has 0 rust it shouldn't take more then a week. One day to remove the trim bumpers etc two days to strip prime and smooth the panels and one day to paint.

Last edited:
When I was 13 I wanted a 71 hemi Cuda conv..... I find it interesting how many want one now compared to how many were built

As per paint my good friend has a body shop and the price will be reasonable. The car has some bare spots were the paint has come off and since the car has 0 rust it shouldn't take more then a week. One day to remove the trim bumpers etc two days to strip prime and smooth the panels and one day to paint.

Please make a price for the car without repaint.
Some guys, like me, prefer worn original paint compared to resprays.
They make me allergic honestly.

Carsten

I'd have to agree, paint only if you are going to keep it. It's more valuable to someone who would want to do it right with the knowledge of what's gone on before. Tearing into someone's body work is always problematic, especially if that paint job only took four days. BTW, nothing good can come of a 4 day paint job, IMO, sorry.

Please make a price for the car without repaint.
Some guys, like me, prefer worn original paint compared to resprays.
They make me allergic honestly.

Carsten

I understand you well Carsten! My 69 vert was already "ruined" with a new paint and color when I got it a few years ago, but I liked the color combo so it was painted similar again (this time better, I hope).

In any case, I had a chance to CHOOSE the color. I guess most of us would feel that way, so please listen to Carsten and give us a chance to buy the car as is.

Thank you!

Sorry I miss typed as I was very sleepy this morning I fixed my post. bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back