For Sale '70 Newport in PA for $6.7k; claimed no rust or bondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
Facebook seems to be quite the cache of C bodies compared to CL!
But copying and pasting a link seems to be a problem. See attachments
From seller...
This car runs and steers absolutely perfect. I honestly wouldn't be afraid to take it across the country. No Bondo, all original paint and metal. Aluminum intake, 4bbl carb, Mopar purple shaft cam, custom bent daul exhaust, ralley wheels, air shocks
24273392_1696858900358806_1878905405_n.jpg

Opera Snapshot_2019-01-04_125523_www.facebook.com.png

Last edited:
Looks like its in excellent condition from what I can see.

Talked to the seller yesterday. Seems like a straight shooter, he helpfully answered all of my questions and gave a thorough description of the car.

The car is originally a 383-2, non-AC car with drums and black fabric/vinyl bench. Looks REALLY in good body shape -- I'd say exterior is A based on what I've seen (borderline A+), and the interior is an A-.

Quick summary: the current owner has had the car for 7+ years, and the owner before him had it for well over a decade. Both have stored it properly, and indeed there seems to be virtually no rust to speak of (the only question mark I have, after seeing the many pics he sent me, is 3-4 bubbles under the vinyl on the driver-side, and a bit of surface rust around the stainless trim of the RHS wheel well). The original engine is there, but the intakes/carb/exhaust were changed by the current owner a few years ago. Radio and wheels were changed around that same time, too. The original parts are unfortunately no longer with the owner.

Conclusion: If anyone is interested in a solid fusie with a BB, I'd suggest they go have a look.

Last edited:
Talked to the seller yesterday. Seems like a straight shooter, he helpfully answered all of my questions and gave a thorough description of the car.

The car is originally a 383-2, non-AC car with drums and black fabric/vinyl bench. Looks REALLY in good body shape -- I'd say exterior is A based on what I've seen (borderline A+), and the interior is an A-.

Quick summary: the current owner has had the car for 7+ years, and the owner before him had it for well over a decade. Both have stored it properly, and indeed there seems to be virtually no rust to speak of (the only question mark I have, after seeing the many pics he sent me, is 3-4 bubbles under the vinyl on the driver-side). The original engine is there, but intakes/carb/exhaust were changed by the current owner a few years ago. Radio and wheels were changed around that same time. The original parts are no longer with the owner.

Conclusion: If anyone is interested in a solid fusie with a BB, I'd suggest they go have a look.

buy it and ship it to europe ;-)

Damn, that's an awesome Newport! Definitely a great buy depending on the $$

70NEWPORT1.JPG

That looks nice, but those B/E-body wheels don´t fit at all.
When I bought this I hated the thought of these wheels on it but I did like the look. And yes this car is in the top three of "Cars I Never Should've Sold"

View attachment 250442

When I bought this I hated the thought of these wheels on it but I did like the look. And yes this car is in the top three of "Cars I Never Should've Sold"

You posted that 300! Black on gray looks great on a 69-71 Chrysler, but still the wheels don´t get positivity from me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back