For Sale 70 Polara Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fratzog

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not mine. We discussed this car a few years ago and now back up for sale. Would it kill the seller to provide more info and pics?
polara | classic cars | Ottawa | Kijiji
$_27.JPG

Where's Dave these days? Haven't seen a sign of him in several days.

That car is in pretty good shape from what I can see.

How the hell did I miss this post four months ago?

and now the ad is gone, which is why we gotta post all the pictures and info from the ad

Professionally restored. How long ago? I hope it wasn't expensive. That engine bay looks almost untouched except for the valve covers. Kind of makes you wonder what other hidden gems there are.

Agree, when it sounds like BS, looks like BS, and smells like BS...........................................it MUST be :bs_flag:

I wish I used the same language as the seller. It would make it a lot easier.

Professionally restored. How long ago? I hope it wasn't expensive. That engine bay looks almost untouched except for the valve covers. Kind of makes you wonder what other hidden gems there are.

View attachment 86799 View attachment 86800
How can it be professionally "RESTORED" when everything is touted as original?

Because when you use original parts or date coded parts , parts the car was built with it is considered original. Without Gates hoses and belts, factory wheels no aftermarket radio and so on.
I had my original convertible that I had bought only two weeks earlier at a show. 48,000 miles top, paint, interior , everything was factory original, nothing restored. She didn't win against a fully restored Oldsmobile. All factory stuff but all redone. I got a lesson that day on people's perspective of all original.

Because when you use original parts or date coded parts , parts the car was built with it is considered original. Without Gates hoses and belts, factory wheels no aftermarket radio and so on.
I had my original convertible that I had bought only two weeks earlier at a show. 48,000 miles top, paint, interior , everything was factory original, nothing restored. She didn't win against a fully restored Oldsmobile. All factory stuff but all redone. I got a lesson that day on people's perspective of all original.

you just had bad clueless judges.

a typical problem at shows for all makes. Because the judges don't have enough knowledge to judge all cars accordingly.

A reason why I don't give anything for trophies won out side a major Mopar event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back