For Sale 70 Polara Convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fratzog

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
FYI not mine. This car was previously owned by a friend and was very presentable. Currently not so much.
1970 dodge polara convertible | Classic Cars | Sudbury | Kijiji
$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

$_59.jpg

Description
this is a 48 year old car so its not perfect but in reasonable shape for its age.. small block 318.. single barrel carb.. summit racing headers..21'' rad.. A904 trans.. 276 gearing.. 20'' wheels.. i've done lots of work to this car and still needs more but it's drivable.! (and i do, it is on the road)..full stereo with marine amps and a sub..needs a roof desperately unless u never drive in the rain... $7500.00...i'm not an attached to my phone kinda guy so leave me a message if i don't answer.. joe

Not quite sure what was being accomplished with high end Summit headers on a 318 with 1BBL? Car kinda gives the impression of a high school kid who built it after he forgot to take his Ritalln.

Dave

This is why “It’s your car. Do what you want!” doesn’t work with me.

Last edited:
Not quite sure what was being accomplished with high end Summit headers on a 318 with 1BBL? Car kinda gives the impression of a high school kid who built it after he forgot to take his Ritalln.

Dave
:lol:

I have to disagree with anyone poo poo'ing this car.:poke:
It's not beyond reclamation by any means. chances are it has good bones and can be undone.
It has a certain appeal to me at least
If the body is solid with little rust issues then this is something that can be altered to the new owner's taste.
The price point is great even with the mods done if not some are a bit bizarre but still with a bit of effort can be changed to suit the new owner if they want to.

It's not beyond reclamation by any means. chances are it has good bones and can be undone.
If the body is solid with little rust issues then this is something that can be altered to the new owner's taste.
The price point is great even with the mods done if not some are a bit bizarre but still with a bit of effort can be changed to suit the new owner if they want to.

Valid perspective but the seller has accounted for the time and money personalizing the car. Why should the next buyer pay for work done then pay again to undo it? Not that long ago, undoing anything wasn’t necessary.

I love guys that find unmolested cars so they can be the first one to screw up what everyone else has preserved for 50 years then try and pass it off to someone else.

My dad: “just leave it alone.”

My thoughts exactly!
Not so tasteful mods but nothing that can't be undone
Many "Personal touches" can be reversed, that's why you keep all or as much of the OEM stuff you can for the next custodian.

I've never seen a single barrel 318 (?)

The price reflects his efforts (in his mind) maybe he'd keep the 20" wheels LED's etc. for his next piece of art and knock down the price reasonably. Isn't negotiating part of the fun?

Getting rid of that fuel fill door is not an easy fix. Will take considerable welding and paint & bodywork.

Getting rid of that fuel fill door is not an easy fix. Will take considerable welding and paint & bodywork.

I was hoping that was a fake plastic thingy that was double sided taped on. Hope the hood is that way.

Tires, wheels, hood, and some interior trim panels. Are those side impact airbags in the seats?? "Apace alien contact antennae" where the headrest poles used to be? Wondering what's below that new fuel filler location? Might not be too hard to fab up some sheet metal to patch some of the holes, but it would still need to be done.

A question would be "What's been done that's not shown in the pictures?"

On the other hand, Chrysler didn't build that many convertibles any way. Usually less than 2k/year in any style, as I recall. In that case, this "profilin' 318" might be worthy of saving, somehow.

Not to forget that almost anything that would be "repaired/replaced" on this car would probably need to be done on an unmolested car of that age with reasonable "wear and tear". Have to look at is as an "unknown quantity" and price it from there.

CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back