70 Vert Rescue

I wonder how many hundreds of Engineers, Designers, and meddling Executives it took to chose the exact final location to mount that emblem.
"More to the left"
"No. To the right".
" Put the THREE closer to the HUNDRED"
"NO. Too much. Back a little".....

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I wonder how many hundreds of Engineers, Designers, and meddling Executives it took to chose the exact final location to mount that emblem.
"More to the left"
"No. To the right"....

What would happen to me is we would guess at it and it would turn out to be wrong.... Then every 70 300 in the world would park next to it at some time or another and they would all point out that the emblem was in the wrong spot.

People put the bird door decal on 69 Roadrunners in the wrong spot based on a picture in a restoration book... If you know where it is supposed to go, you can spot the wrong ones a mile away.

I understand fully why you needed the exact location. I was referring to some of the petty ridiculousness that probably went on in the final design stage.

And that's a great PC of trivia about the decal.

I'm sure it was "signed off" by a bunch of guys with pocket protectors.

Since it's being discussed I'd say overall Ma's boys did a pretty good job with getting the trim and emblems put in just the right place .. just my opinion and I'm sure they F'd something up but overall very good looking as produced

Thats my wife's horse Shiloh between her and the cows they keep me busy repairing fences and playing in our pastures. Also no real progress on the vert but I did put new shoes on the old girl 5262014 001.jpg5262014 002.jpg5262014 003.jpg5262014 004.jpg

5262014 001.jpg

5262014 002.jpg

5262014 003.jpg

5262014 004.jpg

Ah, so you bought the blue '70 300 2dr. I bought the red/orange one. It was a toss-up between that one and the one you purchased. Sorry to hear you are parting it out, it still looked like a builder? How's the interior on it? If its fate is sealed, I could use some parts off it to help rescue mine. Also working on a '71 300 2dr I purchased in Arizona last year. I'm in love with that one....."U" code with a console and black interior! :eek:s_dancing2:

I"m still torn over fixing or parting the blue 300 it had a lot of wire repair under the dash but I think the problem is in the column as I get nothing with the key 'power into the column nothing out'.I looked at the red one that was my third choice the blue was my first choice, as it had pwr ant am/fm 8 track, window switches looked good. When I got it home I also discovered the trans was rebuilt and has a deep pan with a drain plug also newer carpet also it had a recent brake job as the pads are new and the rotors are rusted 'no glazing'. I mean recent work before it was parked 20 years ago. I have not tried to start the motor yet as I've been working on the vert. How about the car you won what have you found.

If you decide to part the blue 300, please let me know. I have a few 300 specific pieces that I need.

It showed up on the trailer today! About what I expected, totally complete but the interior is thrashed from the sun :eusa_doh:I was leaning towards the blue one you purchased, my son liked the color combo of red/tan better. The only big detractions I can see from a precursory look is there is some rust in the center of the trunk from water leakage, and the drivers door has been replaced many moons ago.
Too good to part out at any rate IMO. Funny thing, you'll notice two station wagons on the truck as well from the Kee auction. The driver said they were headed to Mississippi!

I"m still torn over fixing or parting the blue 300 it had a lot of wire repair under the dash but I think the problem is in the column as I get nothing with the key 'power into the column nothing out'.I looked at the red one that was my third choice the blue was my first choice, as it had pwr ant am/fm 8 track, window switches looked good. When I got it home I also discovered the trans was rebuilt and has a deep pan with a drain plug also newer carpet also it had a recent brake job as the pads are new and the rotors are rusted 'no glazing'. I mean recent work before it was parked 20 years ago. I have not tried to start the motor yet as I've been working on the vert. How about the car you won what have you found.

photo(13).jpg

photo(14).jpg

Is the replacement door green by chance my drivers door has green hinges

Is the replacement door green by chance my drivers door has green hinges

LOL, it sure is! Do you know what happened to the two green '70 300 2drs that were at the auction? One seemed pretty nice, but of course green on green. The other green one was a base model of sorts, and had some body damage and no title if I remember correctly. The fate of that one probably isn't good.....

Do you have more pictures of your blue one you could post?

Well took the vert for a cruise I forgot how fun it is sitting on a cinder block driving a car. All went well stops turns front seat will go back in tonight. Also found out 3.23 gearing my wife is happy car has good throttle response.first drive 001.jpgfirst drive 002.jpgfirst drive 003.jpgfirst drive 004.jpgfirst drive 005.jpgfirst drive 006.jpg

first drive 001.jpg

first drive 002.jpg

first drive 003.jpg

first drive 004.jpg

first drive 005.jpg

first drive 006.jpg

Tilt wheel, pedal dress up, power windows.......sweet... ! While you are down that far find a right side floor vent and install it

That is one nicely optioned Newport convertible, even has the 383-4 bbl option. Coupled with the 3.23 rear end, it should really jump off the line well. It is one of my favorite packages since it has the higher stall speed torque converter as well, also enhancing lower end performance. You really scored with that one!

Why not show us some photos of the blue 300 2 door - it sounds like it should live with all those options on it? As I recall from the Kee auction photos, it was pretty straight. I might be interested in the whole car if you want to sell it complete.

Great job on the clean up and sorting out the problems on the convertible.

Well its been awhile since last post it is amazing how long it takes to clean stuff, seat belts cleaned and died, window switches repaired and installed windows go up and down drivers door had been replaced window sticks a little, front seat motor and gears cleaned and lubed,seats back in car. In the engine compartment oil changed new anti-freeze, all new gas lines and fuel filters one before fuel pump one after, new radiator hoses. Also I had forgotten about the cold engine light as my charger ,cuda and coronet doesn't have one .672014 001.jpg672014 002.jpg672014 004.jpg672014 005.jpg672014 006.jpg672014 007.jpg672014 008.jpg

672014 001.jpg

672014 002.jpg

672014 004.jpg

672014 005.jpg

672014 006.jpg

672014 007.jpg

672014 008.jpg

Back