70 Vert Rescue

I need a new set for the road wheels for the Newport. The tires that came with the Newport are 25 years old....they got to go.

That was for mounting and balancing I have a tire changer in my shop so I took the old tires off the rims if you can't remove the old tires it is an extra $2.00 dollars a tire.

After new shoes had to adjust torsion bar on drivers side went for a semi high speed run of 85 car drove like a chrysler very smooth. That's why they call them land yachts very smooth once they get up to battle speed

Remember that car from the auction, wish I could have gotten it. Can't remember where I gave up on the bidding but you got a good deal!

You know that car was most likely an executive lease car right? Probably built for a higher up at Chrysler, why it is so well optioned.

The Newport conv was my third choice the 62 300 two door was first, the 68 440 4speed sport fury conv was second I thought about bringing all three home with me, but my wife would have told me to pick one as it would be my new living quarters. After seeing all the cars the 62 300 was first and the 70 Newport was second I still think that I should have bid on the 62 one more time I stopped at 4800.00. When I was out bid on the 62 I knew i was taking the Newport home with me if it wasn't so far away I would have bought all of the 70 two door Chrysler 300s.

Just dragging up an old thread. Over the winter I upgraded the rear springs to a 7 leaf spring from a 71 chrysler also had them rearched,much better stance. Also replaced the engine and tranny mounts as they were bad. Changed oil charged battery and off to icecream my wife and I went. Once again I forgot to adjust the headlights so I saw the ground in front off the car very well. The high beams are fine though. When I find my camera I will post pix as my ins carrier want pix also

Very nice car! Just reading this thread for the first time.

Hey - what's that bumper sticker say above "Foreign Cars"?

Guesses:

I don't yield to
You can keep your
I'd rather be driving my
I was raised in
I wouldn't be caught dead in
F**K

I found my old post so i figured that i would update. Trying to order clips to hold the grill stainless on. We tried to go for ice cream and ran out of gas in the drive way ( gas gauge hasn't worked since I've owned car ). Put some gas in car drove to station to fill up, to my surprise the gas gauge started to work my wife couldn't understand why i was so happy. This is why i haven't been working on the Vert.

62919 252.JPG

Back