WANTED 71 Chrysler 300 4dr pass molding

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyfury

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for passenger fender side molding for behind wheel well. See pic.

View attachment 418010

20160803_083635.jpg

Is that a recent acquisition - I wasn't aware you had "moved up to Chrysler" or maybe it belongs to a friend??

I think I might have a good used one that I could let go of but I will have to check tomorrow. I am not sure why you asked for one from a 4 door since they are the same............

Do you need one with the ribbed vinyl molding on it or does it matter - do you have the needed clips to mount one of those pieces (it is hard to tell from the photo as to whether you generally have the ribbed molding on top or some do and some don't)?

Is that a recent acquisition - I wasn't aware you had "moved up to Chrysler" or maybe it belongs to a friend??

I think I might have a good used one that I could let go of but I will have to check tomorrow. I am not sure why you asked for one from a 4 door since they are the same............

Do you need one with the ribbed vinyl molding on it or does it matter - do you have the needed clips to mount one of those pieces (it is hard to tell from the photo as to whether you generally have the ribbed molding on top or some do and some don't)?
Great questions! I have had this car a few years. When nice things pop up I grab them when I can. I have a couple Chrysler's in the collection and even a few Dodges. I parted a 71 300 many years ago and would have saved the moldings. I keep thinking this piece will appear in some corner but so far only a quarter panel molding has turned up, so it was probably bad or missing.
I posted the door panels from that car for sale in the interior parts section just before this post and I cut and pasted the title from that ad. I missed deleting the 4dr piece before I hit enter. I couldn't figure out how to edit the title, so I left it.
They are the ribbed moldings but you are correct the ribbed vinyl is missing from several pieces. Ribbed is preferred but I'd be happy for anything. I do have a better pic of the area some place but this one was what I could lay my hands on this am when I was motivated. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back