71 Dodge Polara Brougham coupe

You're entitled to your misguided opinion. Now go look at the dash, nowhere near as attractive which is where the Chrysler loses out big time

which dash is attractive?
69&70 Dodge?
The 69&70 Dodge dash is so ugly that I had to buy a 71 Dodge to turn it into a 70 Dodge outside.............

I love to have a 69 Polara, but after seeing my 66 dash for so long,the 69 doesn't do as much for me.

The front end on a Sport Fury makes up for the lack of curves. I end up liking them both intensely and equally - and I look at them all every day
I can't stop looking at these front ends.

PicsArt_03-14-07.22.35.jpg

You Dave and your buddy are biased, as you own mostly only Dodges. I have all of them in large numbers from 1969 - 1971, and have had more time than you guys to look at them all in context frequently. There isn't a bad apple in the bunch, but there is one that comes out on top. And I really like the sweeping curve in front of me when I am in the car rather than the cluttered up cluster just right in front of me. And the 300 dash is a little easier to work on too, but none of them is really made to work on - it is often best to just lower all of them and go through them thoroughly once and hopefully be done with them for awhile. When you guys get older and wiser, you will come around! And you won't see me selling any of my most favorite 300s either for awhile yet like some other guys I know selling their "favorites"! :)

I own all Dodges because they are the cars that do it for me. I like them all, but the 71 Polara was the first mopar I ever laid my eyes on, heard, or rode in. A Plymouth or Chrysler will never compare in my eyes. It's all because the Dodge.

I'm just as biased as Dave and @71Polara383 because all I've owned have been Dodges, other than my 64 Crown Coupe, too nice for me to afford to restore in my youth, and I wasn't ready for it at the time. But I love my Dodges! But I think some Plymouths are great looking cars, just haven't been able to get one for various reasons. I was very close to getting a 68 VIP 4 door at one point, Red over Black, very clean, and a giveaway price back in 2007. I still might try to get a 69 wagon, if I can pull a rabbit out my a-, um, a hat.

I am with Steve.

I own a bunch of seven 69-71 Fuselages currently
I have had all makes from every year(69-71) in the past
They are all fantastic styled cars IMHO.
Even those that I like less in comparison are great looking cars.

I was never a Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler/Imperial or whatsoever man.
I am simply a Moparguy.

Looking at my personal favorite Fuselage list they are all mixed up:
1.70 SFGT
2.69 Chrysler 300
3.70 Polara (excluding the dash)

I've always liked the simple elegant horizontal instrument cluster in the 60 - 70 Dodges. IMHO it g
oes so perfectly with with the modern mid-century Fuselage styling that reached it's pinnacle in Dodge from 69 to 71. The stylists at Chrysler would have disagreed with me since they chose to adopt the Plymouth dash for 71.

@BLIMP stopped by this morning and grabbed the doors off the Chrysler. Not much left now. An hour or so tomorrow with a sawzall and it'll be on to cutting spot welds.:elmer:

Resized_20180416_112518.jpeg

Take the brake booster off .....you never know
I took everything off last year's parts car, just went back and took the windshield clips I forgot about. Stub coming off after the thaw, same with the rear end.

Back