71 Fury Police Wagon

70 Droptop

Reaction score
A friend of mine picked up a 71 Fury police package wagon. Was wondering if anyone knows about how rare it is or a website that might have more details about how many were made. Still trying to track down some history on it but it was used in service but not sure where.
Found a bit of the door decal under the chrome and looks like it has a flame pattern in part of it so maybe a fire vehicle?
Also, where would they put a build sheet in the car if there is still one? Didn't see one under the lower front or rear seats. Any other spots it may be?
Any info would be great.

14906900_203296790108588_4003099681580804763_n.jpg

:welcome:
Nice find. If you could post a picture of the fender tag it would help a lot. Build sheet in my 69 Custom Suburban was in the back seat back rest but it could be in the front seat back rest as well as several other places. I found one between each of the front bumper brackets where they attached to the body but was unable to salvage either.

Will have to see if its in seat back. Usually I've found them under lower seat but never had looked for one in a wagon before.
I don't have a pic of the fender tag at moment but I did decode it. Only thing I couldn't figure out was one or two of the F codes.

Will have to see if its in seat back. Usually I've found them under lower seat but never had looked for one in a wagon before.
I don't have a pic of the fender tag at moment but I did decode it. Only thing I couldn't figure out was one or two of the F codes.

Which indicate fleet codes.... plot thickens

Never found a build sheet there but I've heard they sometimes taped a build sheet to the glove box inside the dash. You could probably reach under and feel if there's anything there. I also found a build sheet for a GM in the headliner but I don't know if Chrysler Corp ever did that.

You can expect to find one anywhere.
Above the headliner
under the carpet
Under the front or rear seats
on the back of the front or rear seat
on top of the glove compartment
on top of the gas tank
behind a door / rear interior panel
under the trunk mat

and Will found some on the bumper brackets ...

You can expect to find one anywhere.
Above the headliner
under the carpet
Under the front or rear seats
on the back of the front or rear seat
on top of the glove compartment
on top of the gas tank
behind a door / rear interior panel
under the trunk mat

and Will found some on the bumper brackets ...
and under the package tray (but obviously not on a wagon)

Alan

2010-09-25_004.jpg

Going to pull apart the seat tomorrow and will check them other places to see if we can find the build sheet. Still trying to get the info from previous owner who moved out of state.
Anyone have any ideas on production figures?? I can't imagine they are common because I haven't been able to really find anything on a police wagon so was hoping someone had dealt with one before.
Hopefully will grab some more pics but not much to look at right now.. lol

Back