For Sale 71 Newport 440 w/console

Status
Not open for further replies.
heavily overpriced old 383 car.
Was bought for 20k from the dealership

Thank you for there info! Indeed the L code can be seen when magnifying this photo of the engine bay.

71-Chrysler-Newport-neu-12.jpg

1971-Newport-2.jpg

Man you just do see many with the old Servolenkung option!

Guess they took the wheel covers off so they wouldn't get lost in international shipping?

That is one hot looking car in TX9!!
Wish that thing was over here. Wow!

Guess they took the wheel covers off so they wouldn't get lost in international shipping?

car is in Germany since many years.
Previous owner put a lot of work into it.
Dealership bought it in germany for 20k EUR.

There is a strange german taste if it comes to wheels. Many do like to drive around with black steel wheels, widened (at least wider than stock) and no wheelcovers at all. Or they put hub caps on even though they where never available on the model.

There is a strange german taste if it comes to wheels. Many do like to drive around with black steel wheels, widened (at least wider than stock) and no wheelcovers at all. Or they put hub caps on even though they where never available on the model.

Nothing wrong with that. That's my preference too, although it doesn't usually suit classy Chrysler's. This black one? Yep, looks great! Just needs some white walls.

Electric fuel pump and a B&M 2400 converter.....car sure has an identity crisis LOL, not a bad looking car though

Not strange. Was common practice with hot rodders in 60's 70's. Kids would even take out the parents car and put the wheel covers in the trunk then pop them back before going home.

Every A12 Super Bee you see has the same look.

I like plain steel wheels. But I like dog dish caps more. Might be why I have 4 vehicles that way! With enough pieces for a couple more!

With what people want for caps I may have plain wheels in my future.

Not strange. Was common practice with hot rodders in 60's 70's. Kids would even take out the parents car and put the wheel covers in the trunk then pop them back before going home.

Every A12 Super Bee you see has the same look.

I like plain steel wheels. But I like dog dish caps more. Might be why I have 4 vehicles that way! With enough pieces for a couple more!

With what people want for caps I may have plain wheels in my future.

I agree that driving without wheelscovers was common back in the day.
But NOT widended (!!) steel wheels as I mentioned.
Driving with 8" or 10" steel wheels was nothing done back in the day.
Those who could afford it bought aftermarket wheels. Ansen Sprint, Cragar SS, TT, Chrome reverse wheels etc.

Carsten

Clean looking Newport.... It needs a set of whitewalls & road wheels, though. The frontal lean does not look good at all: it needs a new set of rear springs. The matt folio on the hood does not suit it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back