'71 sport fury value

Reaction score
While driving my Polara, I got a lead on a '71 Sport Fury. Sooo, I went a checked it out. It is a one owner, 45K mile, 440 (T code), A/C, formal roof coupe. Has road wheels, factory floor mounted cassete with microphone, orig. window sticker. I beleive it is a special order orange color(couldn't find it in the chip books) with a black vinyl top and cloth/vinyl interior. Rust free and in nice shape. Owner says the only things that aren't original are the tires and the mufflers, also says it needs a fuel tank. Getting rust in fuel filter. Amazingly its for sale, that never happens to ME!!! He's asking $10K. Without pics, I know it's hard to say. But you people think that is a fair price? Classic car dealer told me wouldn't give $10K for a GT. Then called me back and offered his help to aquire the car. What do you think?

Don't trust the classic car dealer! LOL!!!

Without pictures it's impossible to tell you what the value would be. Condition is the key.

Without detailed pics: Anywhere between $400 and $14,000.
With detailed pics, we usually can nail it within a grand or two....

You know, I wanted to ask that but you know what, a 440 71 Sport Fury..........I can do without the white interior

I take the old "rust free" attribute with a grain of salt. Just like that other old favourite "rust free California car". I have yet to see any 40+ year old unibody car that hasn't got some (if not substantial hidden) rust. Unless this car has had a recent full body resto or has been stored in a nitrogen tent for most of its life, it'll have rust.

I have two RUST FREE C bodies, a 70 and a 71. My dad just bought a 73 Polara completely RUST FREE. They are out there, just gotta be lucky enough to find that car

glad to see somebody is having luck. the dealer is going to try and buy it from under you, don't let him know where it is. if you aren't going to buy it post it here and perhaps one of us will.

The dealer is not going to help you get anything. Post some pictures, but keep the details quiet until you have bought it or decided to pass.

Thats just it, apparently he is coming to us for evaluation help. Kinda hard to keep the details quiet if he wants an answer to his WIW question

Don't trust the classic car dealer! LOL!!!

Without pictures it's impossible to tell you what the value would be. Condition is the key.

glad to see somebody is having luck. the dealer is going to try and buy it from under you, don't let him know where it is. if you aren't going to buy it post it here and perhaps one of us will.

No, its not...................................

the dealer is going to try and buy it from under you, don't let him know where it is

The dealer is not going to help you get anything.

:urkidding::urkidding::urkidding:

As of right this second, this vehicle's WIW is still as low as $400 without a ton of good clear pictures....

< Sent from my tablet >

I take the old "rust free" attribute with a grain of salt. Just like that other old favourite "rust free California car". I have yet to see any 40+ year old unibody car that hasn't got some (if not substantial hidden) rust. Unless this car has had a recent full body resto or has been stored in a nitrogen tent for most of its life, it'll have rust.
My '67 is virtually rust free, all I have found is some surface rust under the hood in a couple of spots where the paint was removed by leaking coolant and brake fluid.

Back