72 dodge

Joseph Burke

Reaction score
Traded for this ord girl yesterday! dress it up like a cop car maybe? I don't know but pretty pleased with myself .

Resized_20180823_195021_7757.jpeg

You make a good point

As long as it isn't a rot box, I'd get it running, clean it up and flip it. Unless you want a second car? Un-f'ed-with cars are getting harder to find.

Paint up a 4 door hardtop as a cruiser (or a luxury car, or a K-car, or whatever) and anyone who knows anything will think you're in make-believe land.

60225-2.jpg

Check out the movie sugarland express for some inspiration, lots of 72 polara cop cars.

As long as it isn't a rot box, I'd get it running, clean it up and flip it. Unless you want a second car? Un-f'ed-with cars are getting harder to find.

Paint up a 4 door hardtop as a cruiser (or a luxury car, or a K-car, or whatever) and anyone who knows anything will think you're in make-believe land.

View attachment 210076
Lol yeah I'm not 100% sure what to do with it yet first thing is make it run then decide if I need another project

Y'all are just a little hung up on "black and whites". You're forgetting about the MANY "undercover" or "detective's" cars that might have had similar HP orientations. Especially with a 4dr ht, that might make more sense.

My '80 Newport is the same color some TX Game Warden cars were. When I put the Magnum GT 15x7s on it, added the factory dual exhausts, I noticed that when I was in the right hand lane with the cruise at 55mph (when that was the national speed limit), that cars approaching quickly from the rear would see that "cop car" shape, the factory rear exhaust pipes, and wide wheels, then slow down and carefully get closer. For good measure, I added a small rectangular box to the lh side of the package tray. After they gingerly got closer, saw no other law enforcement items, they continued on their way. I'd laugh to myself and wait for "the next show".

I also got second looks from some local county law enforcement people, too, as they met me on the highway. They recognized that shape and wide wheels. Not unlike the time I rented a new Crown Vic for a weekend. It was a generic beige metallic. Local cops wanted to see who was driving that car, as if it was somebody they knew, but didn't.

Everybody's done the "cop car", do the detectives' car. More fun. Keep the existing hub caps for good measure, with possibly some repro 15x7 wheels. IF you can find a Certified speedometer and such, more the better.

FUN with Chrysler Products continues!
CBODY67

Last edited:
Back