For Sale 72 Imperial 2 door. Not mine trying to help save before part out

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard

Reaction score
Contact seller
Wanted to pass this info on to someone who may be interested in picking up this 72 imperial 2 dr and save it before they part it out. Says he started parting it already but only took off some mouldings so far. Its a 72 imp 2 door. Believe he wants $4,000 for it. He is located in PA. His number is 484 515 6615

72imp.jpg

72 imp 2.jpg

72 imp 3.jpg

72 imp 4.jpg

is that your former car that was orignally A4 silver ?

This is a parts car and as such is worth about $1200 at best.

Dave

You are more generous on this one than most..
I know for me at 600$ I would still have a hard time.....
Where *I* do not care for the '72 / '73 Imperials I have to wonder HOW
anyone could let a car as this go to hell.....

You are more generous on this one than most..
I know for me at 600$ I would still have a hard time.....
Where *I* do not care for the '72 / '73 Imperials I have to wonder HOW
anyone could let a car as this go to hell.....

The $1.2k is tops, If it has solid operating running gear. Non-runner is about $600. There are a lot of small parts on the Imperials that are unique to them and hard to find. This one appears to also have a good grill and front bumper, also hard to find.

Dave

The $1.2k is tops, If it has solid operating running gear. Non-runner is about $600. There are a lot of small parts on the Imperials that are unique to them and hard to find. This one appears to also have a good grill and front bumper, also hard to find.

Dave
These are great driving cars. 2 doors hard to find/ $600= Derby pukes get it instantly. Don't want that to happen. Dickering on price is always best and can be done when priced high= keeps derby pukes away.

No. I sold mine to a collector it was black painted over A4 Silver but mine was a 73. I do have another 73 2 door and its burgundy.
It was for sale for quite some time. I really appreciate your patience and effort to keep these cars alive. Most people with a project don't care who shows up as long as he brings cash.
Is the new owner a member here? Will he restore it or make it a driver?

Perfect opportunity to take a donor FUSELAGE Newport Convertible Top frame and FINALLY produce an IMPERIAL CONVERTIBLE!!!

This poor Imperial will be in pieces soon, dickhead owner only looking at how much money he can get out of it, profit before anything else.

This poor Imperial will be in pieces soon, dickhead owner only looking at how much money he can get out of it, profit before anything else.
Yeah, I sent him a few messages on FB telling him to not part it out and that these cars are rare but he keeps saying in will cost him over 10K in body repairs. He knows the rarity of these cars. It's not eating anything by letting it sit and wait for right buyer. That's what I did with my 73 Imp that I sold here in Oct last year. It takes awhile to get the right guy. Took me 3 years or more to find the right guy. Yeah, some people don't care or realize the rarity of these machines and when their gone their gone. How many 2 doors left? Derby guys destroyed a lot of these way back. Money isn't everything all the time. History is only made once. Money can be made over and over again in time.

If i had space and money i would get a seviceable new yorker 2door and try to exchange the front and back parts.I don,t know if that,s possible but the roof rust holes you see are only the problem you can see.it,s much worse when you pick at it.But that interior is strangely intact and the front and rear bumpers are good.I,d say 2 cars to make one as long as the other car has a running 440.B.b

I have to admit when I looked at this pic the 2nd or 3rd time I started having some pretty sick thoughts.
The blasphemy. But it the gratification would be so good....
72 imp 2.jpg

The good news is, at the price it's not moving soon.
The car has several thousand in value. But an individual would have to get it much cheaper to justify the work.

Truth be told much nicer cars are often at more risk of being parted and derbied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back