'72 IMPERIAL FEATURED IN MOPAR COLLECTORS GUIDE

garyh

Reaction score
Several pages on a 1972 Green Le Baron two door In the Dec. issue ! Imperial stories are a rarity in this Mag. But Nice story none the less !

Several pages on a 1972 Green Le Baron two door In the Dec. issue ! Imperial stories are a rarity in this Mag. But Nice story none the less !
Ya definitely rare in that magazine. They would always do survivor stories and I had a 73 Imperial with 8k on it and was even sitting on factory tires and I talk to them at a show. He said he wanted to do pics for the mag and then never did. He then told me when I caught up to him later that day there is no interest in the big cars so he did t want to do it. But nice to know they do make it once in a while into the magazine

That's 2 months in a row or 2 out of 3, they had the Hurst prototype a month or 2 ago. They must be running out of "the last Hemi 'Cuda (convertible) with whatever option" articles. Still like the shirts I get.

... they had the Hurst prototype a month or 2 ago.

Wow. as much as we talk about Hurst C's here, I guess I never heard tell of this one (I am sure its mentioned but I missed it).

source: Giant 100-Photo Gallery of Inaugural Hurst Nationals at Carlisle - Hot Rod Network

This beast is the prototype for Hurst’s 1970 Chrysler 300 program, with a custom-fitted decklid treatment, a specialized interior, Kelsey-Hayes custom rims with H70-15 Goodyear rubber, and more. Owned by Cecil Montgomery of Canada, it is in need of restoration but shows excellent potential and drew a lot of attention even in its present state.
00-1-2-6.jpg

Ya definitely rare in that magazine. They would always do survivor stories and I had a 73 Imperial with 8k on it and was even sitting on factory tires and I talk to them at a show. He said he wanted to do pics for the mag and then never did. He then told me when I caught up to him later that day there is no interest in the big cars so he did t want to do it. But nice to know they do make it once in a while into the magazine
Still got the '73?

I've attended the Big Easy mopar show in New Orleans the past 4 years and have gotten to know Rob Wolf, (MCG). I caught him taking pictures of the Admiral at Ocala last Nov, (The Admiral was published in Chrysler Power mag).
Ellie and I had the Admiral and Connie set up on the show field in New Orleans, open house style and he came over and took it all in.
I saw him again at Carlisle in July and I talked up the C body's. He seemed interested. Just something different I guess.

DSC03653.JPG

That's 2 months in a row or 2 out of 3, they had the Hurst prototype a month or 2 ago. They must be running out of "the last Hemi 'Cuda (convertible) with whatever option" articles. Still like the shirts I get.

Scott, do you know in which issue the Hurst prototype has been featured? Was it on several pages or just a short paragraph? Is it worth ordering a back issue?

I should say I wasn't trying to put down MCG, I like the mag but cBody articles were a rarity and I am also taking 15 years ago and c-bodys are a lot more popular now then back then. Hope to see more articles on them

Scott, do you know in which issue the Hurst prototype has been featured? Was it on several pages or just a short paragraph? Is it worth ordering a back issue?
I can look, it was a bigger spread over several pages.

I should say I wasn't trying to put down MCG, I like the mag but cBody articles were a rarity and I am also taking 15 years ago and c-bodys are a lot more popular now then back then. Hope to see more articles on them
I wasn't either, but they do love their Hemi 'Cuda's!

Rob Wolfe hates them

MCG is definitely bias toward one of none types of A,B & E body's. They suffer from a stale editorial and feature format style also. I dropped my sub years ago.
But, it seems, Rob is softening his outlook on C body's and looking at them not as performance cars so much as from the rarity standpoint. I will fill his ear with C body's every time I see him.

MCG is definitely bias toward one of none types of A,B & E body's. They suffer from a stale editorial and feature format style also. I dropped my sub years ago.
But, it seems, Rob is softening his outlook on C body's and looking at them not as performance cars so much as from the rarity standpoint. I will fill his ear with C body's every time I see him.

I dropped my subscription probably ten years ago also. I was very pro MCG since the early 90s when it started. The redundancy of the B ,E bodies and the exclamation point eventually tired me. I spoke with him in 05 at Moparfest for minutes and he had zero interest in Cs....zero.

[QUOTE="polara71, I spoke with him in 05 at Moparfest for minutes and he had zero interest in Cs....zero.[/QUOTE]

There was a time when I had a garage full of B body's and never gave a thought to the big C body's. A 64 300 convertible showed me "the light".
Rob is getting older and wiser. Maybe some C's in the future of MCG. Although I still don't care for the editorial style enough to re-subscribe.

I, too, grew bored with MCG. Same old thing every month, and I've owned them all, it seems. To me, the story of a one-owner '69 Imperial coupe is every bit as interesting as any story about any E-body. Haven't subscribed since 2005, and I wrote a letter to Rob saying why, back then. Never heard back, so take that for whatever that is worth.

Back