72 Imperial - my concept continues...

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
Thanks to Moparts.com member Bruce Anliker's talents and Photoshop program, he helped me view several different wheel and tire combos on my Imperial and I've settled on Center Line wheels and RWL tires. I had one last thought brewing in my brain and Bruce stepped up again and added a tail stripe for me. I asked for a few different colors to compare but Bruce had a better idea; a gray stripe on a silver car - akin to black stripes on black cars. I absolutely love it! I know I'll get rotten tomatoes, bottles, sticks, and stones thrown at me by a few here (LOL) but that's okay, I think it looks Bad A like this! Just thought I'd share for the fun!

Imperial_CenterlinesRWL_GrayStripe.jpg

I just wish you had better taste in wheels! LOL! Otherwise I love it.

I like the wheels! Looks killer with the paint and the vinyl top. The stripe is nearly invisible, almost a ghost stripe. Generally, I despise stripes and scoops on any "C"-body. Your car pulls off that stripe pretty nicely.

I like the wheels! Looks killer with the paint and the vinyl top. The stripe is nearly invisible, almost a ghost stripe. Generally, I despise stripes and scoops on any "C"-body. Your car pulls off that stripe pretty nicely.

Thanks Patrick and Polara71! I agree with you Patrick, the ghost stripe just "works" with this car whereas with most other C-bodies it wouldn't. I'm also fortunate to have a silver car with black interior; if'n this was a triple green car..... it'd be a whoooooole nuther story!

Thanks Patrick and Polara71! I agree with you Patrick, the ghost stripe just "works" with this car whereas with most other C-bodies it wouldn't. I'm also fortunate to have a silver car with black interior; if'n this was a triple green car..... it'd be a whoooooole nuther story!

So much depends on the cars personality, which is usually determined by color, and options such as vinyl tops or buckets / bench seats. Because of your cars color scheme it can pull off a variety of looks..... the transformation starts with the shoes.... I love the whole damn package

Mods can be a double edged sword but this one is very tastefully executed and these changes reduce the risk of undermining the value.

Mods can be a double edged sword but this one is very tastefully executed and these changes reduce the risk of undermining the value.

Thanks FRATZOG. Stripe removable, R/T emblems removable, tires and wheels changeable. Other than that, I spend oodles of pennies keeping it all original; Auto Temp II *Ka-ching!*, NOS front fenders found and purchased *KA-CHING!*, etc. etc. I take great pride in keeping it foundation-ally original. I keep the AM-FM 8-track, 8-track working, no stereo mods or speaker upgrades, or interior modifications, NOS parts as I can find them, and only excellent used when needed. I keep the core of the car as it was born, and add a little spice to enjoy it more while I have the pleasure of owning it; till death do us part.

THIS used to be my favorite car:

440rrdrags copy.jpg

Then even after the Imperial, this was my favorite car for awhile:

383sbdw.jpg

And with each passing day, this dang Imperial is becoming my favorite car!

440rrdrags copy.jpg

383sbdw.jpg

Thanks to Moparts.com member Bruce Anliker's talents and Photoshop program, he helped me view several different wheel and tire combos on my Imperial and I've settled on Center Line wheels and RWL tires. I had one last thought brewing in my brain and Bruce stepped up again and added a tail stripe for me. I asked for a few different colors to compare but Bruce had a better idea; a gray stripe on a silver car - akin to black stripes on black cars. I absolutely love it! I know I'll get rotten tomatoes, bottles, sticks, and stones thrown at me by a few here (LOL) but that's okay, I think it looks Bad A like this! Just thought I'd share for the fun!

View attachment 45720
I think it looks totally cool!

Gloss black steelies and chrome dog dish hubcaps. Now that would set this car up. Otherwise, love the scheme!

Bumble bee stripe on an Imperial? Stands my back hair up on end.
It's your car :D

You're concerned with the bumble bee stripes but had no comment about the hole in the hood for the aircleaner and resultant scoop?

I can't see a scoop in the pic and please don't ruin this good looking concept with one!

I like all the subtle mods, and I think it looks great. Never been a huge fan of those rims...but then that's my personal taste. ;)

There was never a small "cop" cap available on an Imperial, so the original wheels never were designed to accommodate them. I would dig that look on this car, as well, but a guy would have to have a set of five made custom with the 5-on-5" bolt pattern and a provision for the small caps. Expensive proposition there!

I like the car as you have it pictured!

Back