72 Imperial Tawny Gold

Moseman

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Doc has said that I should create a Post for my Imperials, so We will start with this one, my new 72 two door. I cannot call it Goldy as Doc has that name already copyrighted. So, i am open for a name. This when I picked it up from storage in Carrolton, TX
20180924_095731.jpg
20180924_095744.jpg

More pictures: At a stop somewhere in Iowa Car was repainted - I give it a 7 out of 10, but the front valence was not painted!!!
20180925_171516.jpg
20180925_171530.jpg

20180925_171503.jpg

Some pictures of the engine/fender tag, engine was painted a sation black (why didn't the builder go back to turquoise???):

20180926_104148.jpg

20180926_104154.jpg
20180926_104201.jpg

20180922_121541.jpg

I need a new washer reservoir - oh well can't be too picky!

20180926_104222.jpg

I was suprised by the underhood insulation!

20180926_104305.jpg

Bright and Shiny after quick bath, need to troubleshoot the door locks and of course the a/c "needs a charge"!

20180926_120314.jpg
20180926_120327.jpg

Very nice, that’s a color that I’ve grown to appreciate.:thumbsup:

That Imperial is so very special. I am more excited about seeing it here than you can imagine. Love it when forum members get their dream cars and share them with us. Would love to know more about the trailer...and interior pics, too.:thumbsup:

Looks to have been well maintained with a relatively new brake booster and one of the Performance Analysis Company's remanufactured Auto Temp II control units plus maybe a new cruise control servo and newer Electronic Control Unit. Very clean underhood which is not usual. Good car it appears to me. I am not a fan of the color, but I have one that color too (a 1971 model). Congratulations.

Beautiful car. Congrats on your ownership. I'm sure you will have fun with it. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I think pictures don´t do justice to that color.. in some pictures it looks horrible, almost like babyshit and on those pictures where
it´s reflecting the sun it seems to be the best color you could imagine for an Imperial.

Anyways congratulations on your purchase and I hope you´ll enjoy driving it

I think pictures don´t do justice to that color.. on those pictures where
it´s reflecting the sun it seems to be the best color you could imagine for an Imperial.
Well let’s not get carried away.:lol:

That Imperial is so very special. I am more excited about seeing it here than you can imagine. Love it when forum members get their dream cars and share them with us. Would love to know more about the trailer...and interior pics, too.:thumbsup:
I will get some interior pictures soon. Dash pad needs painting - sun faded, drivers seat needs some work - new foam padding, not sure about refurbishment of the leather seat cover. New cut pile carpet. Doc, I will PM you about the trailer.

:thumbsup:
Ohhhhh . . . I love that color!
Especially on a big C.
GY9 and GK6 - my favorites!

Very nice, that’s a color that I’ve grown to appreciate.:thumbsup:
I'm not, there is a major difference between these two shades.When the sun reflects, that gold looks really majestic, if it's in the shade.. Not so much

View attachment 217798

View attachment 217799
It was cloudy that day for the first picture, the second, sunny and in the afternoon (it did have some road grime, as it misted most of the time). Yes, it is really a chameleon type color! epends on the time of day, sunny, etc. One day you like it and go wow, then you look at it on the other side, and you go, hmmm?

Beautiful car ,,congrats!

NICE car! Back then, I was in a "gold phase" and that color was fantastic. Some "buffer and wax" action might get the metallic to be more prevalent, all of the time?

Engine painted? Black? Should be Chry Blue, I believe.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Beautiful!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Can't believe they didn't paint the valence:(
Lets see some interior pics!
I think you should name her Tanya..

Or maybe Tawny... kinda sounds like a stripper name:rofl:

Back