72 Imperial Wipers

Toomunsch

Reaction score
The 3 speed windshield wipers work but don't park. I heard there is a contact in the motor that sometimes needs to be cleaned up to fix this. Anyone have info on this, pic maybe? Or do I need a new motor? Thx

Check the downloadable FSM at www.mymopar.com. Might even by some Chrysler MasterTech videos in the www.mymopar.com archives, too?

Usually, there is a "park switch" on all windshield wiper motor mechanisms. Not sure if contact cleaning might help, as it's usually a wear issue rather than something getting dirty. Not to say that a cleaning might help things, though.

CBODY67

Oh Gawd, I have not worked on one of those in 40 years. I remember a little limit switch on the cover for the motor, (Held down by three small screws). When you turn the wipers off, the current is reversed to run the motor backwards. this switch is closed, and when the wipers get to the park position, a cam on the motor open this switch and breaks the circuit. More than likely this switch is broken, and probably not available anymore.

Back