WANTED 72 plymouth fury wagon (Suburban) window and interior parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBar

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
My driver side window has broken rollers. I need those parts and also a serviceable door panel (blue preferred). I can also use the dash switch for the electric tailgate. And the interior panels for the cargo area.

what do you mean by rollers ? my 71 fury custom suburban had a similar issues but the broken parts were slides.

20160614_160728.jpg

20160614_160806.jpg

20160614_162647.jpg

Yes...I'm not with the wagon right now but I do recall the sliders were square. I looked up that part from your picture and I'm very grateful to have found them... Thank you how many per door? I would want to do all four doors

there are 3 per regulator 2 on the front and 1 on the back so 12 for 4 doors
the reason mine broke were because it was very hard to get the windows to wind down, and trying to force them broke the sliders. after lubing everything and still having them stick, i discovered that the problem was with the tracks the glass slides down - as the windows went down they were being squeezed by the soft track liner.
with the window all the way up ( obviously with door panel off) pull the track liner out of the track at the bottom - not all the way up, just part way up. the metal tracks were getting corroded part way up and were full of crap which was squeezing the liner tight which was stopping the glass going down. clean the crap out, i used a screwdriver, and then push the track liners back in place and you should be good. i just replaced the regulators with some from a wagon in a junkyard and havent got around to actually replacing the sliders. hope this helps

mark

20210505_152749 (2).jpg

20210505_154409.jpg

the reason mine broke were because it was very hard to get the windows to wind down, and trying to force them broke the sliders. after lubing everything and still having them stick, i discovered that the problem was with the tracks the glass slides down - as the windows went down they were being squeezed by the soft track liner.
with the window all the way up ( obviously with door panel off) pull the track liner out of the track at the bottom - not all the way up, just part way up. the metal tracks were getting corroded part way up and were full of crap which was squeezing the liner tight which was stopping the glass going down. clean the crap out, i used a screwdriver, and then push the track liners back in place and you should be good. i just replaced the regulators with some from a wagon in a junkyard and havent got around to actually replacing the sliders. hope this helps

mark

View attachment 457728

View attachment 457730
Nice... Ok good information. I'm going to order some.. gonna be a little while before I get to it but I want to have the parts ready... I've been working on my BMW 2002 (I have 3 CBodies so I went small for a change) and the doors were a mess so I had to work on those and that's helping with the mental block I've had about getting the wagon door sorted. This helps thank you

mark

View attachment 457728

View attachment 457730
I would imagine these are the same for my 72 fury sedan?

yes they will be the same.

lets see some pics of your 72, heres my 71

upload_2021-5-6_7-46-19.jpeg

yes they will be the same.

lets see some pics of your 72, heres my 71

View attachment 457855
Wow...that's nice.. I have some pics I'll have to find.. hmmm sounds like time to take her out for some beauty shots...this is all I have on my phone.....I'm also throwing in a pic of my matching Fury sedan... I spent enough time on this forum to catch the disease... Had to stop myself at 3 CBodies...

IMG_20200927_192805773.jpg

IMG_20210327_191104205.jpg

IMG_20210327_190253075.jpg

mark

View attachment 457728

View attachment 457730
I plan to do a nice rebuild on my doors I noticed there are other rollers and replaceable parts do you know what they are and how many? Also, I hope to do my tailgate as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back