72 Polara with 530 milea

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I ain't buying one bit of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972...Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a7ae56b79#ht_500wt_1182

BullshitMeter.gif

I believe it, I have seen some extremely low milage vehicles surface before. The car looks right.
He should have bought the 68 Charger though.....!

500 miles and it needs an alignment? Yeah right,I want to see grease pencil marks,under the body pics, engine bay pics, ect. I`m with Stan on this one, don`t believe this for a minute unless the pudding has absolute proof.

Not that hard to believe. It looks like enough. There is a guy in Minot (ND) that shows a 1971 Newport 2 door hardtop that has 367 miles on it. It was damaged on the rear quarter in shipment and Chrysler donated to a local Technical School. They used it as a trainer for about 25 years then when it got to the point that it was too old school to use as a training aid, they sold it. It had less than 200 miles and no title, just an MSO when the guy bought it. The damage was repaired many years ago by students at the school. They did a very good job too.

I wanna see it. It looks nice enough, tough to get the area between the bumper and the outside of the quarter that clean. Material, paint and dashboard all appear to have never been used.

I have myself rolled several of these odometers while they were out of the car. When installing the 140 speedo into the 71's I have owned to make it show the same mileage as it was on the original 120 face. If I can do it anyone can.....

Brian, the first owner of that car after the vo-ca school lived near me in Mass. When he 1st put it up for sale many years ago, I had to jump through hoops by the seller to talk to the owner. I finally got to inspect the car and was impossible to verify the so called provenence of the car. A lot of "facts" kept changing. After I checked with the Mass. RMV, it would have been impossible to register it because it had no VIN. I gave up on it. Something shady happened after it supposedly got sold but regardless of what actually went down, I talked to the ultimate new owner and he was certain the car's background was legit. It claimed he would never part with it but your saying it's now in ND tells he did indeed flip it. A lot of controversy happened over that csr when it first went up for sale.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Brian, the first owner of that car after the vo-ca school lived near me in Mass. When he 1st put it up for sale many years ago, I had to jump through hoops by the seller to talk to the owner. I finally got to inspect the car and was impossible to verify the so called provenence of the car. A lot of "facts" kept changing. After I checked with the Mass. RMV, it would have been impossible to register it because it had no VIN. I gave up on it. Something shady happened after it supposedly got sold but regardless of what actually went down, I talked to the ultimate new owner and he was certain the car's background was legit. It claimed he would never part with it but your saying it's now in ND tells he did indeed flip it. A lot of controversy happened over that csr when it first went up for sale.

Stan,

I had no idea that it came from Mass, but I have a feeling it was flipped more than once if that's the case, because I think the current owner said got it in Minneapolis. I'll most likely see the guy in March because he shows it at a big show in Minot every year and ask him more. He does have documentation from the school saying they got it new from Chrysler and that the miles when sold by them were genuine. The car certainly does look like a brand new car. Here is a picture of it I took a couple years ago. I originally said it is a 71, but it is a 70.DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

Last edited:
The part about the car being damaged while being offloaded, rejected by the dealer, and it being donated to a school was pretty much accepted. It was its trail after leaving the school that left most us interested in the car wondering. It definately had no VIN and the Mass. RMV was unmovable in their position.

Well, now you know where it is.. I said it look brand new... That was a bit off really. It does have many years of minor scuffs and scratches on it caused by hundreds of student working on and around it. The interior, trunk, undercarriage and underhoood are in time warp condition though.

The fourth picture shows wear in the carpet and rubber mat, drivers side. Eight picture shows the bumper filler between the rear quarter and the bumper. It is body color. Mine isn't body color but a grayish color, but clearly not body color. A repaint? Last, no engine pictures at all? You have to be kidding or you are hiding. Seventeen bids and one guy owns 11 of those bids. Always makes me suspicious since there is no reason to bid early on any car up on Ebay. You just need to watch the last hour when it counts.

2 too many doors, not enough miles on it and it could be a better color. Is it legit? Could be, and where IS the `68 Charger???

The fourth picture shows wear in the carpet and rubber mat, drivers side. Eight picture shows the bumper filler between the rear quarter and the bumper. It is body color. Mine isn't body color but a grayish color, but clearly not body color. A repaint? Last, no engine

pictures at all? You have to be kidding or you are hiding. Seventeen bids and one guy owns 11 of those bids. Always makes me suspicious since there is no reason to bid early on any car up on Ebay. You just need to watch the last hour when it counts.

You have a Polara? That area is always painted body color. Unless you have the upgraded trim in which it would be stainless but still body color underneath

Yes, a white 73 Polara and there is no way those 4 areas on my car were white or even show remnants of white paint from the factory.

there is no reason to bid early on any car up on Ebay. You just need to watch the last hour when it counts.[/QUOTE]

Check out this site..... No need to jump out of bed with that hot redhead to make a last moment bid on ebay.....
Buy credits and it makes your "last 6 second" bids for you.

He just posted some additional pictures of the engine and trunk area. There is something that looks like black spray paint in the passenger side rear corner of the engine bay.

Interesting, it looks like undercoating. It is also at the voltage regulator.

Notice the radiator core support is not painted black

Looks like quite a bit more black paint under the hood then there should be except on the core support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back