72 town and country project

m38jeepman

Reaction score
20200303_072919.jpg
20200303_072950.jpg
I picked up this 72 off the internet. 72's are my favorite Chrysler models and I have been looking for a town and country for a while. This car has been parked for a long time and the mice moved in but its still in decent shape. I have not found any wires cut inside, just under the hood. Its loaded, even has a vinyl top!

WoW! She was more expensive than a Cadillac in her day!!
Loaded is an understatement.
The over and above cost 2700.00 was the equivalent to the cost of a new Valiant sedan!!

Congrats!! Very nice wagon. Have fun and keep us posted on your progress. Having the window sticker is awesome!

What a great find!! Would love to hear more about it and more pictures. Congratulations

Saw that listed for 2500$ in Indiana .. The guy said it probably had not run in over 10 years..
I asked for couple more pics but never got them so I passed on it....

Nice, I love it!:thumbsup:

Thanks. I can take more pics.
Yeah it was in Indiana but I have a friend that lives close to where the car was.
It probably hasn't run since the early 80's but it is exactly what I wanted.

$7700 sticker, and they get a $14 credit for Coolant Recovery System? Oh well . . . guess you gotta save a buck wherever you can! :lol:

Beautiful car! :thumbsup:

Congrats on a nice ride, I bet a weekend cleaning and detailing it would make a huge difference...please upload some more pictures!

A little update. I got the wagon running.
The motor was stuck but not terribly. I pulled the spark plugs and soaked the cylinders for a few days. First before I started spinning it, I unhooked the fuel line from the fuel pump. You don't want bad gas from the tank in the carb. With the spark plugs still out I got it spinning over easily with the starter.
The mice had gnawed a few wires on the distributor and the ballast resistor. I pulled the old distributor out. While it was out I pulled the oil pump drive shaft and primed the oil pump with a shaft I made out of a piece of 5/16 allen wrench.
Next I put in a new distributor, control module and ballast resistor. Fixed the wiring issues. Put in new spark plugs, and spark plug wires.
Last we blew out the line from the pump up to the carb. I hooked a boat motor can with a primer bulb to the fuel pump. I primed it a few times, poured a little gas in the carb and it fired up. I will try to post a link to a YouTube video of it running.

Oh man, I am happy for you! Nothing like hearing an old girl come back to life.
I felt like a 16 year old kid when I got my girl started back recently. That will definitely give you more drive to see her get better with each thing you do.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Back