72 TOWN & COUNTRY

glennb49

Reaction score
Have owed 15 years. Traded 79 New Yorker 5TH even up from Glenn from Ill. who is also belongs to C Bodies. 400 with rare one year only vinyl top option! Use to pull my 18 foot camper up north twice a year despite about 8 MPG!! Always have the oldest tow vehicle in the camp grounds, gets lots of positive comments. Did base coat clear and Kathy hand painted the wood grain in base coat and I cleared. That was twelve years ago and it still looks great! This is my first wagon, never had one growing up and enjoy all the adventures we are having with it, Kathy does not feel the same though, shes not as adventurous.

DSCN0588.JPG

DSCN0556.JPG

Damn that's nice, I love it! Great job on the wood grain!

I remember as a kid piling the very back of some station wagon, a boatload of us in that thing, going somewhere's to pick strawberries. More bodies than seat-belts, and no one cared! Not saying it was that safest thing to do...but the cultural mindset was sure different!

Glenn

That is a beautiful car. Glad you kept the vinyl wood cause it looks awesome.

What a great ride, wood grain and a vinyl top! The good old days when you could order your car the way you wanted. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks all. Yes I'm very lucky to be its current caretaker and that Kathy has put up with me for 42 years this August. Were taking the wagon up north along with the five grandkids! Hopefully one will be a car nut like their old fart grandpa!

DSCN0334.JPG

Go Glenn go in the "Green Bananna Boat"
That's a good one Pete! Kathy refers to it as the Wonder Wagon! Like I wonder if were going to make it up north with out an adventure! Last fall had the left rear tire belt start to go but made it to camp installed the spare then went to town and bought a new tire! Our neighbor contributed his floor jack that he just happened to have along for just such emergencies ! Hears me in my current banana boat!!

DSCN0590.JPG

DSCN0549.JPG

I don't think I have ever seen a wagon with a vinyl roof before. Looks good.

Dave
Yes Ive seen a couple Fords but this is the only Chrysler Iv ever seen and it was just luck that I found it at Jefferson show 14 years ago and Glenn from Ill. and I worked out a trade with my 79 5th. From one Glenn to another!!

Yes Ive seen a couple Fords but this is the only Chrysler Iv ever seen and it was just luck that I found it at Jefferson show 14 years ago and Glenn from Ill. and I worked out a trade with my 79 5th. From one Glenn to another!!
Nice T&C ! I passed up a 70 ? Pontiac Executive wagon with a vinyl top once.

Beautiful wagon! Would you be willing to tell me the specs on the trailer hitch? I have a 1970 Plymouth Suburban and I'd like to build or fabricate a receiver hitch. Any pictures you could post or send me would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Anthony

Have owed 15 years. Traded 79 New Yorker 5TH even up from Glenn from Ill. who is also belongs to C Bodies. 400 with rare one year only vinyl top option! Use to pull my 18 foot camper up north twice a year despite about 8 MPG!! Always have the oldest tow vehicle in the camp grounds, gets lots of positive comments. Did base coat clear and Kathy hand painted the wood grain in base coat and I cleared. That was twelve years ago and it still looks great! This is my first wagon, never had one growing up and enjoy all the adventures we are having with it, Kathy does not feel the same though, shes not as adventurous.

Absolutely gorgeous my friend.... My parents had a Yellow 76 T/C wagon that I used to love riding in the rear facing back seat.. Keep her as long as you can.

Back