727 torque converter

flyinbrick68

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm in the process of shopping for a converter to go behind the 451 for the fury. I just wanted to know if there were any companies that I should avoid or if anyone has had a bad experience with a particular company. So far I've tried ATI, no response so ill wait and try again, dynamic, and continental converters. Any recommendations for a great company? I suppose everybody has a preference of what works but I would gladly take advice and learn from those here who have much more knowledge than I do.

thanks in advance guys.

Your absolutely best bet:
Go to your local independent tranny shop, ask them to get you a replacement TC, when it comes in the next day, you give him a hundred and ten bucks and your old one.
It will be a rebuilt but they never fail.

I wish it were that simple. thank you for your advise I'll definitely keep it mind. I'm going to try and match the stall to my peak torque that my cam will produce. Still sorting out the details it'll probably end up around 3000 rpm or a lil less maybe. That'll be determined on the duration among a few other things that the cam grinder sets it at.

So you're definitely looking new aftermarket Summit type stuff.
I looked back as far as I could look and I can't find one 3,000 stall
factory TC. The closest I could find was that Mopar made what they called a "hi-stall for a few specific cars.
It was 2,600 RPM.

FWIW, I'll never put a lopey cam in a slushbox NA car again.
You can't set the carb for both. One or the other.

Thanks I'll look into turbo action. If i had an unlimited budget and fabricating skills id look into a 5spd like a tremec. I'd still be leary about cutting up such a nice c body.

I measured mine and it's a 12" so from what ive read it's probably a lower stall than the smaller 11" converter. I've heard nothing but good things about the turbo action hemi converter. From what i understand ta supplied converters from ma mopar back in the day.

Back