'73 awaiting shipment.

crv

Reaction score
From Colorado to LA, next to Australia, soon.

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4982.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_4986.jpg

That would be one hell of a photo thread if you could get someone to photograph the different ports with her loading etc...and then arriving down under.

Congratulations!
Out of curiosity, what about the asbestos issue? What do you have to do about it. Are they really that strict?

Last edited:
Congrats! I'd enjoy seeing how solid that Imperial is...floors, trunk, etc. When the ad for it was on Craigslist, it just seemed to come across as a really clean example.

That would be one hell of a photo thread if you could get someone to photograph the different ports with her loading etc...and then arriving down under.
It has been a long wait to get these. I've been waiting close to a month, car arrived in LA last week as local shipper has another 8 cars on the way, I guess I'm going to have to wait a while before laying eyes on it/taking pics.
Congratulations!
Out of curiosity, what about the asbestos issue? What do you have to do about it. Are they really that strict?
They are strict, hence the reason I'm getting an experienced local importer to handle it, hopefully customs won't get silly about it.
Congrats! I'd enjoy seeing how solid that Imperial is...floors, trunk, etc. When the ad for it was on Craigslist, it just seemed to come across as a really clean example.
Confident rust won't be much of an issue, it will need bodywork/paint, so any rust present will be dealt with then.

Congratulations!

Good question Kenny. I recently sold a 1971 blue sunroof Imperial to Australia and I had to go through some extra steps for the buyer before it shipped. I replaced the front and rear pads and shoes and cleaned the backing plates in the rear and replaced the calipers with a set of rebuilt ones. I also degreased/cleaned everything else and took photos along the way for the buyer to show to customs to demonstrate compliance. He got the car through just fine (and he loves it!).

That was at the end of last year and he is already well on the way to restoring it the little bit that it needed. He (and I too) were surprised that when he went to use the a/c, the full charge was still in the system after sitting at least 12 years with little driving and no attempt to even operate the a/c by me - amazing! And zero rust. He already has the sun roof fully working too. Very capable guy.

The asbestos thing must be pretty recent because I sent my '76 Town and Country to Australia without issue. That was 3 years ago.

The asbestos thing must be pretty recent because I sent my '76 Town and Country to Australia without issue. That was 3 years ago.

When the buyer asked me to help him with compliance, he did refer to it as something recent so you are probably correct.

Back