73 chrysler new yorker dash speaker

sidsnot

Reaction score
hi can anyone tell how many ohms the speaker in the dash should be ,i need to replace it thanks dave

The Mopars are 8 ohm impedance. The 8-10 speakers Ross listed will work well.

The guy at S&M Electrotech in MN is a great guy. Very helpful even if you just have a question to ask. I plan to get replacement speakers from him too. He also does radio restorations and conversions.

The guy at S&M Electrotech in MN is a great guy. Very helpful even if you just have a question to ask. I plan to get replacement speakers from him too. He also does radio restorations and conversions.

His son and daughter are continuing the speaker business, and I just bought a set for Regina (my FQ3 1970 Polara 'vert). But for radio restoration, sadly, I learned today from his son Ted that their father had recently passed away and so the radio upgrade/restoration business is no more either.

His son and daughter are continuing the speaker business, and I just bought a set for Regina (my FQ3 1970 Polara 'vert). But for radio restoration, sadly, I learned today from his son Ted that their father had recently passed away and so the radio upgrade/restoration business is no more either.

Thanks for sharing that information. Sad to hear that. :(:(:(

I was referred to S&M from Dan Steele, owner of Bob's Radio, near me. Dan does radio restorations and FM conversions too; he did the radio in my Chevy years ago. I'm not sure if he's still in business, though..... last communication with him was in 2015.

BOB'S Radio Restorations Repair and Museum, Classic reconditioned car radios for Sale

Gary Tayman is alive and well doing conversions. He's done two for me and I'm happy with everything.

Tayman Electrical stereo solutions for collector cars
I would go to them given your long-term positive experience, but while they used to repair a set as original they "stopped offering this years ago, due to demand for conversions." So I am looking for someone who will just restore my two radios.

Back