73 dodge polara custom VIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

chry73luv

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi-I am looking for any info on the 1973 dodge polara VIP custom that was similiar to the 73 Chrysler Newport Navajo edition. My car is a black on black 2dr with red body side moldings , roof pillar emblem, black shag carpeting, white interior with plaid seat inserts and special wheel covers. I am looking for a set of dodge wheel covers with the correct red medallion centers made especially for this package and I am also looking for any reading material. It seems this model package was very rare compared to the navajo but yet very striking to look at. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Are you talking about something like this?

352j1gh.jpg

5aryox.jpg

1jb4sn.jpg

Last edited:
We need photos of your Polara .............Thats gotta be a looker, black with red body side moldings

Yes-This is exactly the car I am talking about. You had the color choices of red, white , silver or black with a black or white vinyl top. The interior you show is the only color available.

I have seen over the years all 4 color combos on this car but never black on black. Once i saw that I had to have it. This option package for Dodge had to be rare. Does anybody else remember this offering?

I remember it, and have seen them.
Dont we have a member here with one?

How did you find this car, and where?

That would be interesting. I wish I had the kind of luck finding cars that I've had in finding parts lately. LOL!

polara vip

I found this car on ebay last year abd it was located in Georgia. The body is rust free but needs paint. The interior needs work but I did find the cloth fabric insert material at SMS in Oregon. The only thing I really need is the correct hubcaps but so far no leads.

Yep there is one. Older picture before paint and new vinyl but with the wheel covers he is talking about. The hubcaps will be near impossible as I haven't seen a set. Been watching since 2009. Did find a set with the black centers though just in case. Just in case because one day I lost one of the red covers on the freeway. Flew off across three lanes and hit the center divider. I was pissed. Thought it gone but decided to go look for it a few days later between midnight and 2AM. Took 7 slow drives, in the fast lane, yet I found it. Then took another two for me to get right on it as it was an unlit section of the highway before I could grab it from the door. Amazing thing... not a scratch on it.

Haven't found any written material since I got the car.

Polara_033.jpg

Polara_interior_001.jpg

Last edited:
I found this car on ebay last year abd it was located in Georgia. The body is rust free but needs paint. The interior needs work but I did find the cloth fabric insert material at SMS in Oregon. The only thing I really need is the correct hubcaps but so far no leads.

You might have some luck finding them at Carlisle in July. Hundreds of wheel covers for sale there.

There has to be a part number for those... thats where I'd start my search and work out from there.

How many do you need?

Still no pictures........? Your killing me!

I have tried to find a part number for the wheel covers but no luck. I even saw one of these cars for sale on craigslist last year and asked the guy to pull the hubcap to find a part number but he wouldn't respond. I have been going to Chryslers at Carlisle for years and am always looking and asking. I will try to get some pics in the near future- I am not very computer literate but am learning. Thanks for the pic of the whiter car. I just think this option package is soooo cool and so rare. Please if anybody finds info on this option let me know . Thanks to all

I can take a look at mine since they are safely packed in a box in the trunk. I wear more sportier looking covers from 1969 or 1970 normally. I'll put the originals on when the car goes to the Mopar show on June 1st.

No part number on the inside. In the parts book the number listed for that style is 3580257. Note that the center cap is removable and could possibly be switched as needed. The book also listed 3580226 w/ red center. However, Partsvoice does not recognize that second number but only the first which could be the more common black center. Only saw 4 of those in the country with the cheapest at $90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back