73 FURY III parts or fix.

I'd be shocked if there was much if any frame damage. Sure looks like the hit was above the frame rails. There doesn't seem to be any movement on the door gaps and the exhaust runs inside the rear frame rail. It didn't clip the exhaust. Probably mostly quarter panel and trunk floor/rear pan damage. Worth looking into - checking frame and alignment/ride height of the back wheels first.

I'd be shocked if there was much if any frame damage. Sure looks like the hit was above the frame rails. There doesn't seem to be any movement on the door gaps and the exhaust runs inside the rear frame rail. It didn't clip the exhaust. Probably mostly quarter panel and trunk floor/rear pan damage. Worth looking into - checking frame and alignment/ride height of the back wheels first.
Both frame rails are bent. The right rail had to follow the quarter panel buckling and look at the door gap on the left rear door towards the bottom. The left rail has moved to the right.
IMG_6277.JPG

I think we are going to try to save it.

Awesome! I can't believe the condition of the interior. Must have been garaged 99.9% of the time!
I'll be tearing into mine one day to do major work too. I have to replace the rear frame rails - got a set from an AZ donor that was parted out for other pieces. Should be an "interesting" project! lol.

What a shame this happened to a car like this in almost like new condition. If it were mine, I would fully check it over and see if any possible way were to bring it back, I would go for it (my opinion of course). Where you said that the car drove nicely is a plus I believe. These old Chrysler made cars are pretty solid and strong. If you do decide to repair it, post photos of your progress if you want. Best of luck to you.
John

What a shame this happened to a car like this in almost like new condition. If it were mine, I would fully check it over and see if any possible way were to bring it back, I would go for it (my opinion of course). Where you said that the car drove nicely is a plus I believe. These old Chrysler made cars are pretty solid and strong. If you do decide to repair it, post photos of your progress if you want. Best of luck to you.
John
It will not die!

Don’t repair it,unless you know someone who builds body’s pull every single part off it get a shell and build a car you can envision,cost 50x what you think

Back