73 Fury Speakers

theos911

Reaction score
So, how many speakers should my car have from the factory? It looks like someone has done some modifying and I'm trying to set it up correctly.

How many should be in the dash? One I think?
How many should be in the back?

The front speaker in the dash seems dead. I'll need to replace it with the one from my spare dash, which looks like it'll be a trip and a half.

In the back I currently have three, but only one was hooked up (the forward facing one on the somewhat left of the rear seat) while the other two (upward facing) look somewhat newer and had new wiring running to them but were not connected to the radio output at all.

Lastly, assuming all three rears are factory, how should I wire them? Parallel, series? I know with radios you need to watch for dropping your ohms too low and cooking the radio, but I don't have real world experience in avoiding that.

:sSig_thanks:

An am radio car would have one 4x10 up front with an optional 6x9 on the drivers side rear. I believe an am/fm car would have two smaller outward speakers on the front dash pad and two 6x9's in the rear.

DSC01276.jpg
Do I wire all three in parallel?

DSC01276.jpg

The one facing into the seat?

Radio is AM.

Yes, that one shouldnt be there. I am thinking the other two shouldnt be there either, unless she had the optional rear speaker on the left side. Either way, they are all aftermarket stuff.

Back