73 Imp in Phoenix

These are the only cars banned from the demolition derby because they are extremely rugged and unstoppable.
Fishing for a parent looking to buy their kid a first car.

I love that mist green paint.
Me too! I had a 73 Satellite that color. After I painted it it was way cool looking.
sat tr 5.JPGsat tr2.JPGsat tr6.JPGsat tr7.JPG

sat tr 5.JPG

sat tr2.JPG

sat tr6.JPG

sat tr7.JPG

looks like he can be a handy lil fella to have him around. I need to get me a couple for myself.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Me too but how rare is that? Can't recall ever seeing that colour on a C Body let alone an Imperial.

It was available for 2 years only (1972-1973)for Chrysler/Imperial, Dodge, Plymouth. However, 1973 it was called F1 Pale Green for Dodge only. Looks exactly the same as F1 Mist Green. My 1973 Ralleye Challenger was F1 Pale Green like the one pictured and here is the F1 Mist Green 1973 Imp I'm holding out for (this Imp is not the one for sale in this ad).

1973jf1.jpg
$(KGrHqJ,!ngF!T-ge5F,BQLpJLctGw~~60_12[1].jpg

1973jf1.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!ngF!T-ge5F,BQLpJLctGw~~60_12[1].jpg

It was available for 2 years only (1972-1973)for Chrysler/Imperial, Dodge, Plymouth. However, 1973 it was called F1 Pale Green for Dodge only. Looks exactly the same as F1 Mist Green. My 1973 Ralleye Challenger was F1 Pale Green like the one pictured and here is the F1 Mist Green 1973 Imp I'm holding out for (this Imp is not the one for sale in this ad).

View attachment 8059
View attachment 8060

Did you order your Challenger from scratch, Bob or was it off the lot dealer's stock ?

I bought it off the lot at Peters Dodge on South 27th Street in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They were a super Mopar Performance Dealer. They also had an excellent used car lot with 100 performance Mopars for sale. I also bought my 1969 Super Bee from them previously and traded it in on the Challenger. They had at least 50 brand new Challengers. Mine was the only one in F1 Pale Green. There was a Dark Silver metallic 340 4 speed Challenger that I wanted but it was sold. They searched the area dealers all the way to Chicago and couldn't another dark silver metallic 340 4 speed Challenger. I was impatient in those days so I bought the F1 Pale Green Ralleye with the 340 and the Torqueflite on the floor. I'm glad I did........I miss that damn car.

Last edited:
I think buying off the lot was by far the most popular buying method in the US. It was far more common to custom order your car over here in those years, but I think it's about even by now.

Those days you had 150 boxes to check from. Mix and match to your heart's content.
Today?
E-Z Order package #'s B881, B882, and B882.

Back