73 Imperial for sale

For posterity... BTW, look at that wheel...:thankyou:

$6,500.00
86K miles-440 4-barrel, all power, new battery, body and chrome in excellent condition, runs, drives, all electrical works, garage kept, last on the road in 1989, needs routine maintenance+

eUrwJazfI9e4G1YUS0Z0UT13gP_XUNKXJOE1qsTQG8.jpg
eWpsiV1ShQSpxABfOiOSh93UlNC2xMX-DzcJUgOqAh.jpg
bLiu8hHt2xkh_ecEGmJAZcRFx7WCz1EIHC3efCuHxs.jpg
9DKrWwtQP8_ep-dQ7usMaI8lUe8vtdXBjlsZavr1P5.jpg
9BahT3kFFCUVKAc6OYkXLuk1BU_RHNgytD6IX1T8gp.jpg

Looks well maintained at least up until 1989 when it last ran. I wonder when the photos were taken then? A lot of work would be needed to get it running again if that is still the case. And the first thing to go will be the Autotemp II controller, for sure.
It would have to be a 2 door to get that kind of money with the long storage and the relatively high mileage for most of Mopar's cheap electrical accessories to still be working.

Looks well maintained at least up until 1989 when it last ran. I wonder when the photos were taken then? A lot of work would be needed to get it running again if that is still the case. And the first thing to go will be the Autotemp II controller, for sure.
It would have to be a 2 door to get that kind of money with the long storage and the relatively high mileage for most of Mopar's cheap electrical accessories to still be working.
Not that I'm defending or interested in this car, but he says it was last on the road 89, that doesn't mean that's not the last time it was driven or started up. Here in PA, depending on where you live, you could take a car for a drive up and down the road to give it some excersize with out anyone giving a ****. If you got stopped on a back road near home with something like that and weren't doing anything stupid and explained it with respect to the officer he'd let you go. Besides that, it's just an asking price, if it checks out, judging by the pics $6k would be a very good price. That car is gorgeous.

Not that I'm defending or interested in this car, but he says it was last on the road 89, that doesn't mean that's not the last time it was driven or started up. Here in PA, depending on where you live, you could take a car for a drive up and down the road to give it some excersize with out anyone giving a ****. If you got stopped on a back road near home with something like that and weren't doing anything stupid and explained it with respect to the officer he'd let you go. Besides that, it's just an asking price, if it checks out, judging by the pics $6k would be a very good price. That car is gorgeous.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the car too and if I wanted one, I would consider doing what I could to get it. But I have seen several 4 door 72-72 Imperials on Ebay this last year with really low miles and mint, and they wouldn't even clear $5K in the bidding. A sad situation IMO. But the world has moved on and there just are not many people that apparently have to have one anymore. And nothing like them will ever be manufactured again.

a close friend bought one lately for way less.

I know of another nice clean survicor in light blue, solid southern US 73 Imp that can be bought for 4k $ fully roadworthy&serviced and tagged&liscensed with a lot of new parts spent within a year

Carsten

72/73..... Best year for the fusie imps in my opinion. Having said that, I think I need to back it up with the why.

First, the interior when ordered with the leather seats was timeless and classic. The seat design is a direct quote of the classic Barcelona chairs designed by Mies Van Der Rogh for the Barcelona pavilion for the worlds fair held there.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Second,

The front and rear ends were in my opinion the most resolved and clean design for that model run. Simple, classically referential to the previous slab slide model run but very unique I truly admire the turn signal treatment and find them very much about fuselage simplicity and the loop bumper treatment as cap.

image.jpg

Finally, they had the best dash design for that run. Simple and elegant. Simple rosewood appliqué with little in the way of filigree typical for the 70's.

image.jpg

72/73..... Best year for the fusie imps in my opinion. Having said that, I think I need to back it up with the why.

First, the interior when ordered with the leather seats was timeless and classic. The seat design is a direct quote of the classic Barcelona chairs designed by Mies Van Der Rogh for the Barcelona pavilion for the worlds fair held there.
I love the Barcelonas and own a pair of originals from the '50s. Mine are around 60 years old and very crispy compared to the supple pair that you posted but I do still sit on them occasionally and although comfortable, they're surely not as comfy as the seats in a '73 Imp..

IMG_4885.JPG

View attachment 112149
View attachment 112151

Second,

The front and rear ends were in my opinion the most resolved and clean design for that model run. Simple, classically referential to the previous slab slide model run but very unique I truly admire the turn signal treatment and find them very much about fuselage simplicity and the loop bumper treatment as cap.

View attachment 112154

Finally, they had the best dash design for that run. Simple and elegant. Simple rosewood appliqué with little in the way of filigree typical for the 70's.

View attachment 112155

Funny, I prefer the brocade seats. I feel the seat design of the 73 reached perfection in the Formals. The added "puff" to the cushions during the Formal run make them just that much better in my opinion.

As for Fusey era Imperial styling, my preferences are as follows:

69 (cleanest looks and those shark gills)
72/73 (for the reasons mentioned- I flip flop on which grille treatment I prefer- that's a tough one)
71 (I have some issue with the headlight door treatment rectangles)
70 (Imperials need skirts, and the skirtless 70 just loses so much of the fuselage flow to the lines, that it's last)

Back