73 Imperial Lebaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefury361

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I was in Michigan this past week and spotted this 73 Imperial parked in a drive near my brothers place..... so I stopped to take a look.

The owner was there and I asked permission to take some pictures..... He said "I'd rather sell it to you".

Story is........ He bought the car out of Missouri 9 years ago and drove it home where he lavashed love and affection and anything it needed for the years following. He suffered some health problems and had a bout with cancer which took priority. The car was kept inside since new except for the past 1 1/2 years. He has lost all interest and thinks it's time to pass the car on. He said i'm the first person he had said that to.

The car....... It is a triple black Lebaron 4 door with 88K miles. Everything works including the auto temp A/C, and is in drive anywhere condition. Also has a receiver type frame hitch.
The car is rust free.....!
He told me that a lady with a jeep backed into the left rear door and he replaced the entire door.... The only part of the car that dosen't have original paint.
He also pointed out a minor "crease" in the right rear lower 1/4 panel that happened when he backed into a landscape railroad tie.

He quized me on the value and I told him I thought it would be worth 6500 or 7 K, he agreeded and then floored me when he said he'd take 5K for it.......

Anyone interested, PM me for his contact e-mail.

73 Imperial 1 (Large).jpg

73 Imperial 2 (Large).jpg

73 Imperial 3 (Large).JPG

73 Imperial 4 (Large).jpg

73 Imperial 5 (Large).jpg

I also don't believe that car has a working auto temp. I'd sooner believe that he has a chupacabra in the trunk....

He said it had quit working once and hes somehow located a rebuilt control unit...... to the tune of $600.00...... and got it working again.

What about Bob?? Oh Bob?? Clean, drive anywhere Imperial. Looks like a little polishing, and she would be brand new!! No rust.. Bob?... lol

It's nice but I'm holding out for this one.......

$(KGrHqJ,!ngF!T-ge5F,BQLpJLctGw~~60_12[1].jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!ngF!T-ge5F,BQLpJLctGw~~60_12[1].jpg

Really, it looks like a much better value and if Will thinks it'd rub out nice and doesn't even need paint? I'll say you don't see that green very often though....
if it were me in the market for one of these Imps, I'd be all over that black one.

What about Bob?? Oh Bob?? Clean, drive anywhere Imperial. Looks like a little polishing, and she would be brand new!! No rust.. Bob?... lol

A little machine polishing, wax and vacuuming of the carpet (!) and it would look really new...

A little machine polishing, wax and vacuuming of the carpet (!) and it would look really new...

A good wash and hand polish is all it needs....... The car is better in person then the pictures show.

No way does it need to be painted.
Even the vinal top is really nice. It has shrunk and pulled away from the molding below the back window a little but the fellow sealed it so it looks fine. No tell tail rust bubbles under the vinal that I could find.

Last edited:

A good wash and hand polish is all it needs....... The car is better in person then the pictures show.

No way does it need to be painted.
Even the vinal top is really nice. It has shrunk and pulled away from the molding below the back window a little but the fellow sealed it so it looks fine. No tell tail rust bubbles under the vinal that I could find.

Spend 5k on the car, a couple hundred bucks to a body shop to heat the vynal up, and stretch it back out, and glue. Another hundred or so in cleaning/polishing supplies, and a long weekend cleaning. Your into your ready to drive/show Imperial for well under 6k. Even if you were a little more ambitious, have a new top installed, still under 6k.

Idk Bob.. I think this one is calling you. Atleast consider it like Stan said. I like the green one too, but I don't think you'll ever get it.

I've been talking with the owner of the F1 green Imp for a year now. He knows he's not going to get $15k. We've been discussing prices of Imp's and what $$$ they are selling for. I actually sent him the info on this black Imp. My offer was very reasonable and $500 over his highest bid and way less than $10k and he starting to realize there's no way he's going to get his asking price. I'm not ready to move on from this car yet. This Imp is the best one I've seen yet and is still worth waiting for...all it needs is a California duster to knock the dust off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back