73 Plymouth front split bench seat

68PolaraGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a split bench seat from the front of a 73 Plymouth Fury III will fit my 68 polara convertible without too much modification. I am replacing floor pans anyway so I don't mind re drilling holes and such but I want it to look right in the car

It won’t look right at all. Different era, different look to the seat and it’s details. YMMV

only way to find out is try it.
do you mean a bench seat with bucket type backs and centre fold down armrest ?
fwiw ive seen 74-78 new yorker seats in 60s and 70s c bodies.
its up to you how much difference bothers you or not, id rather have nicer seats than damaged old ones.
and if you have usuable seats then you can put your $ into other areas of the car instead of the seats.
obviously the back seat wont match the original, but there are ways around that...... ask @The Goose , he did a detailed post installing imperial seats in his 69 fury conv

That is the answer I wanted to hear. I know the upholstery is way different but once I take those funky 1970's headrests off and re-upholster it with the four inch square pattern that my original seats had it should look pretty good. I am hoping that I can even take the little plastic release button off and use my original. I just wanted to make sure that the size is right before I go buying a seat that I can't use in my car.

Back