75 Chrysler New Yorker Brougham questions.

Belldar

Reaction score
Hey there. I have a question On a Chrysler New Yorker I was going to use as A project vehicle but have to many other projects and have To send it down the road. Our area of North Dakota apparently doesn’t have many Chrysler fans so I am reaching out. I have to admit myself that I am more of a Chevy guy with some Jeep and Ford knowledge thrown in. Just want An idea of what it might be worth and where I could list it to sell it?

75 New Yorker Brougham
a little over 117k miles.
has sat in an airport hanger for 8 years till I pulled it out.
has a 440 and auto 3 speed
it dose run but needs some tlc before I would road it.
TLC- new hoses, belts, gaskets, fluid changes, tires(age cracked), thermostat
the paint is decent with a few bumps and blems
top looks good, under carriage looks ok as well.
interior is real nice and only negative is the passenger sun visor broke
one Of the electric windows doesn’t work.
pictured- rust through on rear passenger rocker.
was thinking it being worth around $6k?

69CC28B6-524B-4B40-944F-1DA523A49055.jpeg

B879822D-DE1D-43B9-919B-AA72329E920C.jpeg

63B3D0A4-B3F4-4B22-8251-23BCBB9512A9.jpeg

40414E2E-FCBC-441A-9ED8-6AF40241295B.jpeg

68BC18E0-55C1-43C1-8D9D-9A88EE480477.jpeg

1E6231B2-2A30-428B-8877-73BC3AB2B819.jpeg

666E9E0F-D5AF-4EA8-AEAF-C2C6F4420AE1.jpeg

Was salivating 'till I saw the last picture! Interior looks nice.... Not running and rust.... probably in the quarters and Rockers? Good Luck!

Runs. Thats the only rust. Completely checked over underneath and that is the only spot. Must be a country road/North Dakota thing that a lot of older vehicles have rust in the back passenger rocker or quarter‍♂️. There Are usually some other spots if there are one but nothing you can see or feel starting.

Hard to say, Sea Bodies are all over the place price wise. Sometimes I see 4 doors asking for more than a nice 2 door would bring. Rescued my 74 New Yorker after sitting over 10 years. I did have to do a few things and 5 new white wall tires. I paid $1500.00 for mine as is. Fender skirts are in the trunk.

the interior is a big plus, aside from the rust spot the body and vinyl top looks good.
the good thing about where the rust spot is that if its fixed you wouldnt have to try to blend the paint since the stainless cladding breaks it up.

i think you could ask $6k, but dont think you'd get it.
prices are all over the place, so its hard to say and the prices on consignment cars on ebay is not realistic.
i think 4-5 for a running car with a nice interior isnt unrealistic.

but i could be talking out of my *** as usual.

does it have autotemp II a/c or regular a/c ? autotemp can be problematic n $$ to get working.
regular a/c would be another plus.

74_Chrysler_0012.jpg

I believe it is the auto temp. If you know anyone interested, please send them my way. I’m negotiable on Price for sure.

The water valve under the hood is specific to the Auto-Temp II system, so yes, it does have auto temp.

Hey there. I have a question On a Chrysler New Yorker I was going to use as A project vehicle but have to many other projects and have To send it down the road. Our area of North Dakota apparently doesn’t have many Chrysler fans so I am reaching out. I have to admit myself that I am more of a Chevy guy with some Jeep and Ford knowledge thrown in. Just want An idea of what it might be worth and where I could list it to sell it?

75 New Yorker Brougham
a little over 117k miles.
has sat in an airport hanger for 8 years till I pulled it out.
has a 440 and auto 3 speed
it dose run but needs some tlc before I would road it.
TLC- new hoses, belts, gaskets, fluid changes, tires(age cracked), thermostat
the paint is decent with a few bumps and blems
top looks good, under carriage looks ok as well.
interior is real nice and only negative is the passenger sun visor broke
one Of the electric windows doesn’t work.
pictured- rust through on rear passenger rocker.
was thinking it being worth around $6k?

View attachment 578355

View attachment 578356

View attachment 578357

View attachment 578358

View attachment 578359

View attachment 578360

View attachment 578361
That car looks nice! On that rust spot, can you tell if it goes through to the back side? A good body guy can correct that if it's not too far gone. I would also look at the actual frame steel that would be a few inches behind that underneath and see what it looks like. I have a 77 NYB and it has a few spots on the rockers but not eaten through to the outside. Some of your model are going for well over $10k if they are in great shape so $6k may sell it for the right person, IMO. It all depends on finding the right buyer. I have had a lot of success selling older cars on classic auto trader. You might try there.

Thank you Sir. I have done some body work and have actuall body work friends. It is just contained to that area and not the back. Slush holds up in the dakotas on some vehicles right there due to the nature of our roads and how flat that rocker is. This car has never seen salt but has seen back Roads(dirt). The frame is rust colored due to sitting just like everything else but nothing else is like this one rust spot. Around the tops of the fenders inside and out. When on the trailer I got a good look and feel of the underbody. I have more pics and a video of it running. If I had the time and a little extra money I would get her very road worth. Would be now with just a few new lines and thermostat.
The the trunk was almost never used to the point the spare and jack are still in their original form. Jack was even still in its factory rubber belt. An older gentlemen had it so all that was really used was the drivers seat.

It just dawned on me.... Those are not '74 - '75 Inside door panels. Why were they replaced?

i believe there were slight differences in door panels between cars with cloth upholstery and those with vinyl

As far as I know they are all original. I can dig deeper if needed but I was told it is as she was bought new.

Not an expert on Formal value but I do know a thing or two about rust. If that's the only spot it's no big deal. Half a days work.

Back