75 horse Sport Fury

Fury440

Legendary Member
Reaction score
This is a good buy to just drag to car shows behind your Fury!
:steering:

Edit - for some reason the hyperlink, "good buy" doesn't show as a link. :wtf:

The link is there.

This one looks nice but I'll bet it's like any other old boat. A big hole in the water to throw money into.

think Paul would have a bird lf l asked him to put a hitch on...gona watch this car all the same as the colors realy do match up with the GT.....Bill hates me..l know it...he just posted this up to torment me lm shure

Well I did notice the color similarity! :rofl:

I pondered painting it red, but no, your color looks better. Heck even your seat colors would look great.

Add some GT decals!

Last edited:
I gotta say that would look cool towed behind the SFGT.

As a boat, it would probably float, but that's all I'd give it. As an accessory to the SFGT... Wow!

it realy is scarey as all the colors in this boat are the same as the GT even right down to the faded citron gold on the engine....seats and carpet match the GTs as dose the paint ew1s and citron gold on the trim.....good grief.....

s-l1600.jpg

Admit it - You want it!!

yup....but want a real boat....this boat wouldn't handle the waters l tend to play in and cant imagine goin to lake..launching boat and leaveing car alone....would have to sink the boat lol....the sad part of it all is they do match right down to the citron gold...

$_57.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

That would look right at home behind your car Critter. I vote option #2 in the pole.

job comein up in Winnipeg...London WI is just 9 hrs and 38 mins to Emerson.........dam you Bill

I wouldn't actually put the boat in the water, just polish it up and drag it to car shows. For $450 what can you lose?

been thinkin same..motor dosnt run and last outboard l rebuilt wasn't cheap...most of what l see can restore easly myself...opportunity is there...match is uncanny and price may be right...realy is a tough one...coins not the issue...only thing holding me back is storage and dealing with border...that border drives me batty

There was once a time when Chrysler actually sold boats — not just a small number, but a full line, with a strong reputation for quality and innovation.

boats.gif

Capitalizing on its automotive market, the Chrysler boats often had the same names as the cars — ironically, though, only Plymouths and Dodge names were used under the Chrysler Boat label (Valiant, Fury, Barracuda, Dart, Charger, and Polara).

See our full history of Chrysler Marine!

Engines ranged from the 82 horsepower Chrysler “Spitfire 1500” to a 235 horsepower motor, with the 225 horsepower V-Drive being featured; most engines were Chrysler labelled, but two were from MerCruiser, two were Chrysler-Volvo powerplants, and two were from O.M.C., using, according to George Shahovskoy, former Contributing Editor forPower and Motor Yacht,GeneralMotorsengines. Speaking of his own Buick V6-based engine, George noted that the odd firing engine was smoothed out through the use of a heavy flywheel;crankshaftoil passages were drilled out and a bigger oil pump was used to handle the far heavier load. George also wrote that the former West Bend’s outboards “looked great but had a horrible reputation and were awfully noisy” (Chrysler had purchased West Bend and Elgin, makers of outboards.) These were re-engineered over time.

cathedral.jpg
Chrysler said its hulls “revolutionized hull design, developing a safer, better-performing boat.” One key feature was “FOAM-PAC” - a construction process using a specially formulated, polyurethane foam that was impervious to gasoline, oil, and water; it formed a structural core bonded to the hull and floor of every runabout, including the aluminum-hull versions. George Shahovskoy commented, “The boats were so far ahead of their time, it is sickening! The full foam flotation was..........
1969 Chrysler boats

I don't really like boats very much, but one summer in the 90's I briefly owned one of these
cadet.jpg

Just like the blue cadet here, but way uglier. I was drinking with a buddy who owned it, he was complaining about it (it sank once) and I traded him an old stereo for the boat and trailer. No kidding, I paid $100-150 for the stereo new years before.

I drug the boat into the dealership one Saturday and got her running. I lived in an apartment in Ft Myers on a brackish water canal with free dock spaces and a private ramp. When I got it home we stuck it in the water and tried to make her work. I know almost nothing about boats, but its just a machine right? The old Westbend motor (I forget the size...small) had a safety cutout that linked to a broken motor mount, so every time I tried to get it to move, it stalled and wouldn't restart until I pulled the mount back together. By the time I had that figured out, it had drifted too far from the ramp, so we paddled it to the dock behind my apartment and I tied it off.

That week we had a huge amount of rain in some big producing storms, and I had tied it without enough slack in the lines. I came home one day, and she was under water, held down by my ropes. Through some heroic efforts, me and 3 or 4 neighbors got it back afloat. It didn't weigh much, so I was in the water holding the back side up enough that several on the dock could bail her out enough to be afloat, but there was still plenty of water in the hull we couldn't bail out so she was low in the water... the next day, more rain and down it went again.

The second sinking there were only 2 of us, we got it floating finally and used a rope to pull it to the ramp walking the docks on shore. Dumbass me, I didn't even know about the drain plug yet... as I cranked it onto the trailer I broke a hole in the hull. The battery had been killed and I didn't really understand about the little bilge pump that was on it, so with the weight of all that water below the floor she was really heavy. I also lost most of the seat cushions and oars and life vests... all the unsecured "boat crap" that came with it.

After sitting in the parking lot on the trailer for a couple months, the apartment manager started to ask about it. While I was talking about maybe cutting it up for the dumpster over beers with the neighbors, a friend of one traded me 2 cases of beer for it. That was my first and last boat, I don't know what I would have done with it if it was working... probably gotten lost in the canal system and sank somewhere less convenient. I did think the classic look was cool.

Critter, if you have to have it... I think it would be a neat accessory to the SFGT, but I would shoot for cosmetics more than trying to use the thing as a flotation device. Now that my entire boat knowledge is known, I may not be the one to listen to. After all of Paul's fine work, I think a receiver hitch would be a little out of place anyhow.

Back