Not open for further replies.

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Contact seller
1975 Plymouth Gran Fury

1975 Plymouth Gran Fury - $7000 (Ridgecrest) hide this posting
< image 1 of 12 >
00e0e_69U3dpjgzGc_600x450.jpg

Former unmarked New Mexico State Police car. Runs and drives great, and has 104,000 miles. Factory Police package car, PK41P5D VIN prefix. Heavy duty brakes, suspension, charging and cooling systems. Has E68 High Performance 400 cubic inch big block engine, with factory installed double roller timing chain, windage tray high pressure oil pump spring, premium piston rings and valves, and the proven Magnum camshaft. Also has factory power steering cooler, and auxiliary transmission fluid cooler. This engine is catalyst exempt, and has a standard dual exhaust system. Overhauled 727 transmission with new torque converter. Rear gear is a 9 1/4" 3.21:1 ratio with sure grip limited slip differential. Tires have over 95% tread. Interior has new cloth seat inserts from SMS Auto Fabrics identical to originals. Interior is extremely clean. Have non cracked dash pad that I will install prior to being picked up by new owner. A/C has a small freon leak. Car had it's first ever re-paint last summer, in the original color, and is single stage enamel, so no clear coat issues to ever worry about. Price is firm at $7,000. Seven 6 zero six zero 8 seven nine 8 eight.

00e0e_69U3dpjgzGc_50x50c.jpg
00b0b_bCalIfrnaYj_50x50c.jpg
00z0z_8IJsdb092P3_50x50c.jpg
01515_ftEYeLSjq4O_50x50c.jpg
00E0E_90IaRPdqSxT_50x50c.jpg
00t0t_gDANNoDS7nl_50x50c.jpg
00A0A_bt10hVr4PSP_50x50c.jpg
00E0E_jkxd0L1viNq_50x50c.jpg
00W0W_1ylp9tR7gjn_50x50c.jpg
00x0x_bidvbuHdGql_50x50c.jpg
01414_hWcu8WRCkVK_50x50c.jpg
00b0b_f3FtDWFiSjb_50x50c.jpg

nice one. i thought 1975 WAS first year for catalysts .. did NOT know NM was exempt.

original looking, probably a good body given its region. though a 400 car, may be the only kind NM bought (Michigan staties did NOT have 440 HP C's 75-77 either) so it woulda been their top of the line pursuit rig in '75. 400 HP is a good mill

plus, this is first one i have ever seen. may not mean much .. just never saw a NM C-bpdu formal squad. unmarked apparently too. oh, price looks ok if everything checks out ..maybe even kinda cheap.

I give it a 85 .. has a good beat, and i could dance to it :)

I like the color outside and also that interior. I am resigned to buying cars from as far away from our salt/rust belt as possible.

Not bad Overall. Only hope the recent repaint is at least half way decent with all the trim removed; they just went over the outside Surface it seems.

It's a friend's car. It is as it is represented, the paint is very nice and is even the correct single stage enamel, interior was done with OE material..

He has 2 other ex. Squads and is only selling this one for space issues

nice one. i thought 1975 WAS first year for catalysts .. did NOT know NM was exempt.

original looking, probably a good body given its region. though a 400 car, may be the only kind NM bought (Michigan staties did NOT have 440 HP C's 75-77 either) so it woulda been their top of the line pursuit rig in '75. 400 HP is a good mill

plus, this is first one i have ever seen. may not mean much .. just never saw a NM C-bpdu formal squad. unmarked apparently too. oh, price looks ok if everything checks out ..maybe even kinda cheap.

I give it a 85 .. has a good beat, and i could dance to it :)

All Formals 1974-1978 had models without cats. Some were government vehicles and some were exports. Even as late a 1989 I had to take the cat off my new Z28 when I was stationed in Germany and replace it with a "test tube" because unleaded gas wasn't available in Germany yet.

All Formals 1974-1978 had models without cats. Some were government vehicles and some were exports. Even as late a 1989 I had to take the cat off my new Z28 when I was stationed in Germany and replace it with a "test tube" because unleaded gas wasn't available in Germany yet.
I'm not too sure about 75 Imperial's, I believe they were all 440 w/cats... standard, no options...

I know of a 1976 Dart A38 L-Code 360-4 that was a factory cat delete car. It was a Bellevue, WA, PD Traffic car.

I had a 76 Valliant with a 318 no cats. Had a problem every time I took it in for emission testing. They wanted to fail it for not having them. Luckily there was a factory sticker on the door jamb that said "Non Catalyst"

wow never knew of passenger car "non-catalyst" models .. was it state by state-related (ie like California-only models) here in US?

My experience with Mopars in the 1970's were that 1974 and before were non cats in most states California being the exception and the start of all the smog regulations. I know with putting a 1974 Fury gas tank filler neck in my de-cat'ed 1976 Gran Fury Brougham to run on the cheaper regular leaded gas. You could just enlarge the gas nozzle opening with a wooden rod as inspection stations started to check for appropriate unleaded filler necks. I got questioned once for this with a reply from me "It was a Canadian car". Then they were even checking to see if the filler neck was 'Punched Out', all a mute point now.
BTW that 76 360ci Brougham always pasted the 'sniff test' in the de-cat state with getting 20/22 mpg on the highway with the cruise control set at 90mph running on 7 cylinders!

I've always like the 74 grille over the 75. However, if I had a garage slot, I'd never notice that was a different grille from my fantasies. I'd be smiling in my sleep.
The sides on this one look super-nice. All it needs is a license plate that says 'copper' (this color is even part of the fantasy!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back