76 Lincoln wheels for imperial 67-73

SGT FURY

Reaction score
image.jpeg
What do you guys think of using factory 76 Lincoln mags on a 67-73 imperials.
They are 5 on 5. I think they would look good on a fusey imperial as those hubcaps are kinda boring. Maybe try to put some imperial eagle in center?

They might look good, it's hard to tell. One thing to keep in mind, Ford products have a smaller wheel center than Chrysler products. Even thought the lug spacing is the same, the wheel still may not fit without some machining work.

It's been done before and looks decent.
I think the 70-73 Wheel looks pretty basic, very similar to the 70's base Newport wheel-cover and really detracted from the image the flagship was supposed to have. The 74-75 wheel-cover was flatter and that made it look better, but still "Newporty"
Pity.
834f426b7a0d0ca79471fb952fe41ffa.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

I'd definitely pop Imperial eagles on there and ponder an alternative centre dome to something that looks more "Mopar"

Get ready to polish those wheels! OR repaint the clearcoat on them. Bad thing is that when I see them on a Chrysler product, I automatically see the lines of a Mercury on whatever they are on. Yikes!

CBODY67

With the right centre dome effect these wheels could look like the 62/63 Imperial wheel cover and its variations (to 65) and would look great. These wheel covers are essentially the same but for the centres.

download.jpg
download (1).jpg
download (2).jpg

I agree that, with the Lincoln dome, I immediately think "Ford".

I love 'em and would definitely use 'em .....
Now to find a set reasonably priced.....

image.jpeg
I have a freind who put a set of 79 300 wheels on a 63 300 conv and they looked pretty sharp on that car. I've been looking for a set of these for my 62 Chrysler 300,but so far haven't been able to locate any?

The octagonal center screams "FORD!", even if you put a different applique in the center to blot out or replace the crest. If you can find a Mopar center of some sort off the wheelcover examples shown, that would make for a beautiful wheel.

Or you could get Chip Foose to make up another set of these 20 inchers for megabucks. I'm sure he has the file to duplicate these.
65-Chrysler-Imperial-Ghia-DV-15-SJ_02 (2).jpg

Back