Moparwilks

Reaction score
E388AED9-AF4F-4E33-9297-6E06435FD7BA.jpeg
F0E004E2-C91D-4146-B5D3-780218222146.jpeg
A04849FD-747B-4B33-96D8-681EEB7E62CB.jpeg
46C9318E-C6C5-4F0F-9952-DBEC32D814D6.jpeg
4FAAD15C-710C-4580-A131-B58D2B732F6A.jpeg
2F5AAAC3-2ECF-4CD2-AE3E-8C794FAA71BE.jpeg
owner of a 72 & closet formal lover (shhhhhh) don’t let the fusie police know that. Lol. Saw this in my town thought it might interest a few of you. He was closed. I’ll find out what he’s asking for it next time I’m by there.

Rare non A/C , vinyl roof delete car... interesting!

365D129B-A3C7-41B4-A739-415DFBBECE38.jpeg

Quite the find!!!! Thanks for sharing.

And.... your secret Formal lust is safe here.

Wow I had the hood open & didn’t even notice the a/c! I was too busy drooling over the 440 & the seemingly unmolested thermoquad.

Power widows but manual seats. People did strange things back in the day checking options lists but that’s what makes them all unique & special.

Rare non A/C , vinyl roof delete car...

Quite the find!!!! Thanks for sharing.

And.... your secret Formal lust is safe here.[/QUOTE

]

Rare to find a Formal NY'er without a T&T.

Vent windows but no cruise.

Obviously, a car from a cooler climate. The seat position "Fit" the owner just fine as it is. Might have desired the vent windows as the person ordering the car might have been a smoker? But has a power antenna so the fixed mast antenna wouldn't get stolen?

A very nice find. Pretty nice, too! Possibly an "estate car"?

CBODY67

I think it's more of a bare bones entry level luxury car. Maybe less than $10k or just over when new.

You never know what was in the mind of any dealer who would order a car as that. Generally, though, anybody that would be interested in that kind of car would want the added "luxury" equipment options. If it was special ordered, it would have been to the taste of the owner, rather than "convention".

One other thing . . . fewer options, fewer possible problems down the road.

More mysteries!
CBODY67

Nice looking.

I'd have to add A/C... but for lots of folks that wouldn't be so bad. Interesting lack of options... cheap buyer ordered or loss leader?

My guess it was a promotional order to get the car for advertising purposes with some options they could tout in an ad at a super low price.

“ Chrysler New Yorker Brogham only $6999
With these popular options:

Delux cloth interior
Power windows
Power antenna
Rear Wheel skirts....”

6B7AB7E2-3953-408F-9A33-BAF3F4934016.png

No easy order package here....

Then when they came in... they plused the sale by steering them to another car.

Nice looking.

I'd have to add A/C... but for lots of folks that wouldn't be so bad. Interesting lack of options... cheap buyer ordered or loss leader?

I'm originally from Wisconsin and you rarely saw any car with A/C all the way through the mid 1970's. A lot of houses didn't have A/C too. You started seeing window A/C unit's starting in the mid 1970's when they started to become affordable.

Y'all might be missing that it could have been a "Sales Bank" car. One which was built without a dealer order for it, placed in "the bank" for future sale. When those "future sales" didn't match what was "in the bank", then the reps would market them to dealers, at much-reduced dealer cost, until one would "bite" for it. Checking the broadcast sheet could confirm that it was a Sales Bank car.

Some unusual color/trim combinations/options combinations could result, especially when "build-out" was happening at the end of the model year . . . to deplete the unused parts for the particular car production.

"Only the Build Sheet might know!"
CBODY67

I'm originally from Wisconsin and you rarely saw any car with A/C all the way through the mid 1970's. A lot of houses didn't have A/C too. You started seeing window A/C unit's starting in the mid 1970's when they started to become affordable.
This is the first Formal NYB I recall seeing without the factory system. A Plymouth or Dodge Formal wouldn't surprise me...

I never lived in a house with A/C in PA. I do understand how many vehicles were without...

Scratch the bottom of that don’t know how that ended up on there. Lol. Just passing on the price on that New Yorker from Boston Craigslist

Back