Not open for further replies.

Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
Contact seller
Really looks clean.......

Striped Cordoba: 1977 Dodge Charger Daytona

Dec 31, 2017 • Survivors31 Comments
Striped Cordoba: 1977 Dodge Charger Daytona

image: https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-1-e1514744280522-630x354.jpg

123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-1-e1514744280522-630x354.jpg

image: https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Scotty-Gilbertson_avatar_1510764136-25x25.jpg

Scotty-Gilbertson_avatar_1510764136-25x25.jpg
By Scotty Gilbertson

The mid-late-1970s isn’t everyone’s idea of nirvana as far as muscle cars go. Or, just cars, in general. This 1977 Dodge Charger Daytona is one great-looking car, at least condition-wise. Whether a person likes this era of Charger (or the new one) or not is the subject for a 1,200-page thesis. This car is posted on Craigslist in the Fraser Valley area of British Columbia, Canada with an asking price of $6,950.

image: https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-2-630x420.jpg

123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-2-630x420.jpg

I don’t like using the term Malaise Era because like Flux-Capacitor for DeLoreans or Fix It Again Tony for Fiats, it seems to be the go-to thing to say whenever a vehicle from this era is shown. I didn’t experience bad vehicles in this era, other than a 1976 Dodge Ramcharger that was the worst vehicle that I have ever owned. No, scratch that, a brand new 2011 Mini Cooper was thee worst, the Ramcharger wasn’t on the back of a tow truck several times like the Mini was.

image: https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-3-630x473.jpg

123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-3-630x473.jpg

The seller says about this Charger Daytona: “Original owner, excellent condition and runs well with all service records.” It doesn’t get much better than that, does it? One owner? Excellent condition? Nice. Even more good news is that it’s “Accident free, garage kept.” The Charger came roaring back, sort of, for the 1975 to 1977 model years as basically a rebadged Chrysler Cordoba. The Daytona package was all show and no go, even though a 190-hp 400 V8 would have been available.

image: https://barnfinds.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-4-630x473.jpg

123017-1977-Dodge-Charger-Daytona-4-630x473.jpg

There are no engine photos of this car, but it has a 318 cubic-inch V8 with somewhere around 140 hp, or what a slant-six would have had a few years before this era. The interior of this car looks great, from the two photos that are included in the listing. I have come to expect most online ads to not have enough photos, and it seems like things are getting worse, not better. You would think that with almost everyone having a smart phone in their pocket, that there would be almost too many photos in ads, not a lack of photos which is more often than not the case. If I only had a nickle for every time that I thought or said that, wow. But, even with a lack of photos, this ’77 Charger Daytona looks like a great example.

Read more at Striped Cordoba: 1977 Dodge Charger Daytona

I got my blue leather wrapped steering wheel for my 78 NYB out one these Daytona's. A little lathe work and it bolted right on the T&T.

When these were new, I thought these were badass and I wanted one.
Today, I would not drive around in a car looking like that.
I'd look like an old man "Stayin Alive" in a Leisure Suit.

These models and the 300 of that era are one of a few acceptable cars from that time span for me.

These models and the 300 of that era are one of a few acceptable cars from that time span for me.
If you guys have any interest in these cars I operate a Facebook group called Disco Era cars & Hot Rods 74-80. Over 1500 members & not quite a year old. Join & enjoy all the pics & discussions. Fun group. Also there is 75-79 B bodies that I'm a member of.

When these were new, I thought these were badass and I wanted one.
Today, I would not drive around in a car looking like that.
I'd look like an old man "Stayin Alive" in a Leisure Suit.

Actually your paint scheme isn't too far off. It must have left some Impression in your subconscious. You wouldn't go overboard with a Daytona IMHO.:D

1977-dodge-charger-daytona-7.jpg

79174.jpg

I had them already on my Magnum GT. They were removed. You can now see the shape of the sheet metal. My goal for 2018 is have the vinyl roof removed. It was an add on and have the car repainted.

100_0379.JPG

Of the Charger Daytona, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum of that era, the Magnum had the best look IMO.
I remember back in 78 or 79, Car Craft or Hot Rod magazine gave away a black Dodge Magnum with a wild add-on paint scheme. Back then I thought that Magnum, even being a new car, looked better than any other new car for sale at the time.
I like the Daytona in the OP too and hope to see more of these cars gain in popularity.

Actually your paint scheme isn't too far off. It must have left some Impression in your subconscious. You wouldn't go overboard with a Daytona IMHO.:D

View attachment 159869

View attachment 159870
You nailed it on the head my dear friend and muse.
When every manufacturer was offering two-tones, I have went crazy with all the combos and really got swept in by them. THE one that stole my heart in 78 was a silver/black LeSabre Sport Coupe. I couldn't resist it's calling and bought it.
And ever since then... well, you know... :D
And yes, I would go nutz if one of those silver/black Datonas popped up.

RWL on oval slot alloys. That brings back memories ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Of the Charger Daytona, Chrysler 300 and Dodge Magnum of that era, the Magnum had the best look IMO.
I remember back in 78 or 79, Car Craft or Hot Rod magazine gave away a black Dodge Magnum with a wild add-on paint scheme. Back then I thought that Magnum, even being a new car, looked better than any other new car for sale at the time.
I like the Daytona in the OP too and hope to see more of these cars gain in popularity.
Was built by Mancini Racing as a Car Craft give away/Promo car. Quite a few pics of it & discusion on the above mentioned FB group
IMG_2889.JPG

Don't know this got mixed in the pics of that charger, but it's looking pretty sharp too.
IMG_0409.jpg

I just kept clicking the next button on that BF site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back