For Sale 77 New Yorker- Mecum -Sold 9k

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the hardest cars to try and guess what they will bring.
That Mecum car is a 15k car that rarely gets more tha 5k and the seller is lucky to get 9k

....did anyone expect it to sell for that much? just curious......

Wow, no way did I think it would sell for 9K. I've got one not quite as nice as that, but didn't even think it was worth 3K.

These are the hardest cars to try and guess what they will bring.
That Mecum car is a 15k car that rarely gets more tha 5k and the seller is lucky to get 9k

I think I would be VERY happy with 5K if I ever decided to sell it.
77 Chrysler #01.JPG
77 Chrysler #07.JPG
77 Chrysler #10.JPG
77 Chrysler #11.JPG

Youve got the optional corduroy type cloth that are more comfortable than the tufted pillow seats. And thatan is calming to the eyes. Very nice.

77-chrysler-10-jpg.70319

i think you'd get your 5k. whats not to like about these cars? they're smooth, quiet, comfortable, couple of tricks for the knowing and they can be rock solid dependable. plus, i think it's one of the best looking cars ever. SG

I have been in love with these cars since they were new.
I don't think I could have settled in on a finer car anywhere.

Of course, that other one that went for 3k set Formals back 10 years.
And this one brought them back... beautiful car!

Wow, no way did I think it would sell for 9K. I've got one not quite as nice as that, but didn't even think it was worth 3K.

I think I would be VERY happy with 5K if I ever decided to sell it

You've got an awesome car there, don't sell it short!

Last edited:
Still, Formals of this caiber should be pulling $15k everyday and twice on Sunday.
I truly don't understand it. Moreso because they are rarer than Lincolns and Caddys. I really don't. So everybody steals them for 25 hundred bucks and my Formal parts are skyrocketing...

Still, Formals of this caiber should be pulling $15k everyday and twice on Sunday.

Why?

The super high end cars are clearly being sold among a few well healed investors who treat the cars more like a piece of fine art. Own it awhile in your portfolio and then sell it a few years later for a profit on the appreciation. They always seem to come up after some time to change hands. They never ride on a road. I wonder if some owners know where the spark plugs are.

So could these cars, which go for less, be the way less affluent buyers could do the same as the well healed investors? If so then I could see them buying and paying for cars that have a strong upside over time. Most are not being driven afterwards. Just a thought since there clearly are many cars with no real upside in appreciation and they sell low or are avoided altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back