77 Newport I saw

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
The grandson of the original owner got this out of the shed where it had been since about 2003. His grandpa passed in '96 and grandma drove the car sparingly for a few more years, then parked it. It was removed from storage last year and cleaned up. There are only a few scrapes and scratches, and there is not one bubble under the vinyl roof. This car has 187,000 miles on it. It was repainted in the late 80s. The interior is all original. The lean burn was disconnected by grandpa back in the day. This was his replacement for a 75 Coronet Custom 2dr HT. I invited him to join us here.

DSCN3873.JPG

DSCN3874.JPG

DSCN3875.JPG

DSCN3876.JPG

DSCN3881.JPG

Thats a GREAT looking car! Especially with that mileage! She was loved for sure. Hopefully he joins us.

The sure doesn't look like a 187K mile car to me!
I asked him if it was 87 or 187. His reply was that his dad was pretty sure it had rolled over once. But i guess only grampa knew for sure. It looks like he put 27,000 on the trade-in in two years. That would be 18 years on this car, so an average of 10 k per year. It could well be 187, even though it doesn't look it. He said that grandpa babied the car and it was always parked indoors.

He had to have had those Fingerhut seat covers on it for the seats to look that good with 187k.

Last edited:
I wish the brocade material was available in 1978 models. I can tell you that this is the last set of leather seats for my NYB. I hope they'll last another 30 years.

Mr. C, will those 75 seats bolt in to 76-78 models. They should be the same bolt pattern would think....

Back