77 NYB and 78 Cordoba on FB.

I was looking at the engine bay on the Cordoba and what strikes me as strange is the rust on the wiper arms and other components under the hood .For a low mileage car why so rusty.Also the rust on the bumper.I like the car but am starting to question it

Have they been sitting outside long? See rust on the dobas bumper.
He states he’s had them both for two years, so they’ve been outside for that long at least. He did mention they were both in the garage after the original owner passed, he doesn’t know how much outside time they’ve had during that tenure.

If I had more money and more space, the NYB would be really tempting. It would be cool to have a pair of contrasting cars.

upload_2021-8-16_12-47-14-jpeg.jpg

78 NY Coupe 4.JPG

Jeff

Jeff: Is your car blue....can't tell from the picture and what year is it?

I was looking at the engine bay on the Cordoba and what strikes me as strange is the rust on the wiper arms and other components under the hood .For a low mileage car why so rusty.Also the rust on the bumper.I like the car but am starting to question it
You'll get that kind of rust from storing in humid places/ outside in rainy climate. Rust belt is very humid in summer...I saw this often growing up.

If I had more money and more space, the NYB would be really tempting. It would be cool to have a pair of contrasting cars.

View attachment 481729

View attachment 481728

Jeff
Jeff, did that 78 come from the Pittsburgh area? It looks like my old bosses car, I know it was sold after he and his wife passed... it would have been low miles too, they seldom drove it... bought because it was the "last of the big ones".

Jeff, did that 78 come from the Pittsburgh area? It looks like my old bosses car, I know it was sold after he and his wife passed... it would have been low miles too, they seldom drove it... bought because it was the "last of the big ones".

No, it's always been an eastern PA car.

It was sold new at the semi-famous Reedman's in Langhorn, PA, then we bought it in 1983 at a Cadillac dealer just outside Philadelphia.

I wouldn't call it a common color combination, but I've seen at least one other identical car back in the mid eighties. I also remember seeing a sunroof equipped St Regis coupe in the same green with a tan top and interior, also around that same time frame.

Jeff

Back