Pete Kaczmarski

Reaction score
low miles but a high price....

Incredibly Low Mile Survivor: 1977 Plymouth Fury Coupe

ncredibly Low Mile Survivor: 1977 Plymouth Fury Coupe
Brentton-Fuller_avatar_1531150251-24x24.jpg
Brentton Fuller
00F0F_bfNpyopbsBX_1200x900-e1569535623379-630x390.jpg

This 1977 Plymouth Fury Coupe is in very condition and has survived a number of decades now only managing to rack up 4,000 original miles on the odometer. Located in Omaha, Nebraska, the asking price is a strong $11,900. While it is low mile example, the seller does not list a VIN to do a check on it, but they do claim to have a clear title. Thank you, Ikey H., for the tip. You can view more on Craigslist.

00Z0Z_8AjxkCiKpmO_1200x900-630x390.jpg

The 318 cubic inch V8 engine looks incredibly clean, which would make sense considering the amount of miles on the vehicle. One can only wonder if it is truly amazing, or slightly sad that a beautiful car like this has not been driven. An automatic transmission gets the wheels moving. At the age this car is, one should start to inspect the hoses and other parts that can decay over time when not in use.

00303_Fy5qIS7XrZ_1200x900-630x390.jpg

While it seems a little unbelievable, the seller claims that the interior still smells new. Many people like the smell of a new car. I’m not sure if new 1977 car is something that might attract buyers, but I won’t lie, I’m curious about that smell. As you can see, the interior does look brand new and almost looks like it just came right off the show room floor. In the passenger seat, you can see there is some original literature to go with the car.

00u0u_dGXbmfdg4dj_1200x900-630x390.jpg

Everything is original, right down to the tires. A photo of the trunk shows soft, original carpet and spare tire. According to the listing, the car runs and drives. While the price might be slightly on the optimistic side, the car itself is in wonderful condition and should warrant a fair negotiation. Hopefully, if you are the next owner, or whomever that ends up being, they will drive and enjoy this car. That is why they are built, aren’t they?

Repeat, been on eBay for eon's.

While it seems a little unbelievable, the seller claims that the interior still smells new. Many people like the smell of a new car. I’m not sure if new 1977 car is something that might attract buyers, but I won’t lie, I’m curious about that smell.

99f817c1-f19e-463f-bccb-e3ed799e05b3.jpg._CB344011602_.jpg

I think my previous opinion on the eBay text was about the family loved the car so much.
Yea I guess they liked it so much they didn't wanna drive it.

I think this quote from BF's comment section sums it up.
"it’s a curiosity: a boring car in freakishly good shape"

Someone also suggested the rust free shell could be used for a 1975 Road Runner restoration (but not at that price... yet).

Fifteen years ago, I briefly owned a '75 Fury coupe with a three on the tree and manual pedals. 318, no A/C and manual steering. That would have made a good Road Runner Clone. Albuquerque Body. However at the time, had no money, and no place to store, long term. So down the road it went.

Back