78 Chrysler Newport Upper Control Arm

Wolfe440

Reaction score
78 Newport, anyone know a source of upper control arms that have already been rebuilt?
Or who sells the shafts? I can find the bushings.
Thanks, Wolf

78 Newport, anyone know a source of upper control arms that have already been rebuilt?
Or who sells the shafts? I can find the bushings.
Thanks, Wolf
No rebuilt UCA's available.
Used ones and rebuild it.
Never seen a 74-78 UCA go except on Derby cars.

Usually the rubber bushings and the upper ball joints are the only things that wear out and those were designed to be readily replaceable.

Dave

It was a Ohio car all its life, lot of rust. Not sure if I can get the end nuts off the shafts without damage. I will give it a try and see where I end up.
Thanks! Wolf.

It was a Ohio car all its life, lot of rust. Not sure if I can get the end nuts off the shafts without damage. I will give it a try and see where I end up.
Thanks! Wolf.

Give them repeated shots of PB Blaster and let sit over night.

Dave

awhile back i did a disc conversion on my 69 fury----i used a 73 D100 for the donor--found the upper ball joint hole in the spindle was bigger--went to the junk yard with the 69 upper control arm------i took a upper control arm off a 74 fury (same as yours) put the 69 on top of it and they were exactly the same and it had the bigger ball joint like the 73 spindle needed---bought both----cut that center link out---pressed in the new 73 fury control arm bushings-------i made a jig to compare the sizes of the 69f-73t and 74f----they were all within 1/16th of an inch--i imagine there is a factory spec on that---------moral of the story---c-bodies shared components with 1/2 ton trucks and vans.........car is aligned and the tech said there was plenty of adjustment available....

Back