78 Newport

Jake156

Reaction score
New member.. My 78 newport 42000 miles.. Factory cb radio.

IMG_20170623_154346862_HDR.jpg

20247916_869660576540724_3452340636766375583_o.jpg

Screenshot_2017-07-24-22-19-49.png

Welcome! One sharp looking Chrysler! That red interior really makes it distinctive! Or perhaps I remember that combination from the earlier '60s and how sharp it looked back then.

Wheels? The W23 Road Wheels would look nice, even with the satin silver section painted black, but what's on there now tend to compliment the black/red color scheme. Personal pref. Whatever!

CBODY67

Wow.. Beautiful car. I love the black and red combination, although like mentioned above, I’m a road wheel fan on these cars, but your choice of wheel is tasteful and complementary.

Whatever the preference might be for wheels, at least the ones on the car don't try to make it a Hot Wheels character and raise the ride height too much.

To get that color combination, if it came that way, took a special order to do it, as vinyl roof color typically matched the interior color. A black on black with a red interior took some additional specific effort to make happen.

Have you extracted a build sheet?

Thanks,
CBODY67

Whatever the preference might be for wheels, at least the ones on the car don't try to make it a Hot Wheels character and raise the ride height too much.

To get that color combination, if it came that way, took a special order to do it, as vinyl roof color typically matched the interior color. A black on black with a red interior took some additional specific effort to make happen.

Have you extracted a build sheet?

Thanks,
CBODY67

20180212_093333.jpg

Very nice ride. Black with a red interior is a very classic combination that always looks good. It makes the chrome really pop. I love it.

road wheels would make it truly special.

New member.. My 78 newport 42000 miles.. Factory cb radio.
Love this...
img_20170623_154346862_hdr-jpg.jpg

This... not so much.
screenshot_2017-07-24-22-19-49-png.png

But... hey, they do just bolt on. Looks to be a very nice car and it's hard to go wrong with a clean black Formal.

So now for the dirty business... Do the wipers work? Is the steering wheel in good shape? Are the lower quarters original? Does the original radio and antenna still work? Know now if you say yes to all of these you will be included on the FCBO "you suck" list. :welcome:

I thought it a little strange about a nicely-optioned car and no "factory stereo", but then research revealed the factory CB radio was only with the AM radio as its companion. At least it has a rear speaker to help fill that large interior with sound!

CBODY67

My 78 NYB had a factory AM/FM/CB radio that didn't work....

DSC01969.JPG

Love this...View attachment 167991

This... not so much.
View attachment 167992

But... hey, they do just bolt on. Looks to be a very nice car and it's hard to go wrong with a clean black Formal.

So now for the dirty business... Do the wipers work? Is the steering wheel in good shape? Are the lower quarters original? Does the original radio and antenna still work? Know now if you say yes to all of these you will be included on the FCBO "you suck" list. :welcome:
Love this...View attachment 167991

This... not so much.
View attachment 167992

Wiper bushing broke over the summer. Otherwise yes to all..

Back