For Sale 78 NYB 2 Dr coupe in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

trackpac

Reaction score
Contact seller
Life long Mopar racer/collector/restorer builder of all things Mopar newer to Florida and FCBO. I have acquired a clean, straight NYB with 13,989 miles that orig one owner just did not drive. He was a nifty 50's Ford guy with an extensive collection and recently passed. The NYB is extremely clean and solid sans drivetrain. All AC stuff is still there Manual AC controls thank god! New tires on factory road wheels, new dual exhaust and a trunk full of new brake parts, spare switches and stuff he collected over the years. Interior is gorgeous with nice dash that was protected. Undercarriage is spotless. My intent was to drop in another drivetrain and cruise it. I have a clean Florida title in my name. Car is just too nice to destroy or Demo. Somebody make me a reasonable offer or I will just tuck her away for future play! Call Randy at 239-980-1464. Car is located in my garage in Fort Myers.

IMG_7856.JPG

B998B8BD-967E-49EC-AD9F-6452703F78CC.JPG

31058DFB-FF6D-4B19-BFAB-56FEB537CD99.JPG

07D165A7-5BB1-4FF2-99F3-BF0A3AA07774.JPG

53906EB5-E1DA-445A-9724-85B19F8C235C.JPG

0504B722-0C5C-4A73-9BD7-CBA9324A2A92.JPG

DEA34A63-9B6D-4533-886F-8E3B0E4466EC.JPG

900B4887-C3B8-4E10-BFAB-F82A96C4555F.JPG

043A6D63-F4D1-468E-9533-12B671CF432F.JPG

Life long Mopar racer/collector/restorer builder of all things Mopar newer to Florida and FCBO. I have acquired a clean, straight NYB with 13,989 miles that orig one owner just did not drive. He was a nifty 50's Ford guy with an extensive collection and recently passed. The NYB is extremely clean and solid sans drivetrain. All AC stuff is still there Manual AC controls thank god! New tires on factory road wheels, new dual exhaust and a trunk full of new brake parts, spare switches and stuff he collected over the years. Interior is gorgeous with nice dash that was protected. Undercarriage is spotless. My intent was to drop in another drivetrain and cruise it. I have a clean Florida title in my name. Car is just too nice to destroy or Demo. Somebody make me a reasonable offer or I will just tuck her away for future play! Call Randy at 239-980-1464. Car is located in my garage in Fort Myers.

View attachment 138385

View attachment 138386

View attachment 138387

View attachment 138388

View attachment 138389

View attachment 138390

View attachment 138391

Hopefully, whats under that vinyl top isn't too bad. . . Oh Dave! @70bigblockdodge I think we found the car you are looking for?!?

The top was just lightly heat cracked, didn't even really get into the padding. There are 2 small spots less than penny sized on entire car. Car was ziebart under coated when new and brought to Florida where it sat in a garage until 2 years ago when orig owner parked it outside to make room for his 59 retractable hard top Ford and 58 Ranchero. Orig spare had never been on ground until I moved it to my place put on front for tow dolly. Windows are all tinted. Rear defroster, tilt, tele, trunk release, full power etc. orig carpet isn't even worn and just needs cleaning. No rips or tears in seats. I have purchased a nice pair of rust free rear fender skirts as well. I'm really torn on letting her go but I'm involved in another project and I wouldn't get to it for at least another year! I do have a nice dry place to store it where it's at now. It's just a damn pretty car to destroy or part out. We are located in Fort Myers Florida off I-75 at Daniels Parkway exit. Zip 33966. Randy

No where have I seen a price listed....
So what are you hoping to get for this NYB.......?

Also no motor comp pics.... How was engine removed...? Wires cut/ripped
or remove with intent of being used again...?

No where have I seen a price listed....
So what are you hoping to get for this NYB.......?

Also no motor comp pics.... How was engine removed...? Wires cut/ripped
or remove with intent of being used again...?
Ok, I realize you guys don't know me on this site, but I am a responsible Mopar Fan and assure you the drivetrain will be surgically removed by myself without cutting anything with the full intent of not causing any harm. I've been in this for 35 years and pay attention to detail. I did not list an asking price, I merely requested a reasonable offer. I offer this car on FCBO as I do have the same appreciation for them as you do. I'm one of the good guys. Today the drivetrain sits right where she was born. I haven't touched it yet. I would like the drivetrain, however I am not opposed to suggestions and offers.

Just a few questions.. Not to be a smart ***.What's wrong with the drive train? Why do you have to replace it? Why was there a new dual exhaust put on the car if the engine was bad? The fender skirts btw are fiberglass so they should be rust free.

This one has the rear wheel trim and appears to be one of the "no skirts" 78's.
1978 Was the only year that skirts were optional on the C body New Yorker.

This one has the rear wheel trim and appears to be one of the "no skirts" 78's.
1978 Was the only year that skirts were optional on the C body New Yorker.
Just a few questions.. Not to be a smart ***.What's wrong with the drive train? Why do you have to replace it? Why was there a new dual exhaust put on the car if the engine was bad? The fender skirts btw are fiberglass so they should be rust free.
Nothing is wrong with the drivetrain. I initially purchased the car because I wanted the drivetrain for a specific reason and thought about dropping in a 318 or 360 later just to cruise it. I've always liked the fender skirt look on the formal, just my preference. I am aware of the options and have decoded the tag on this very late production unit. After acquiring the car and assessing it further, I thought it responsible to first pass it on with option to be saved rather the alternative. I won't get into the semantics of my thoughts on this car otherwise. As stated, I am open to reasonable offers with option to sell with or without drivetrain. It runs ok despite the faulty lean burn computer. No miss, no noises, no leaks not even a lifter tap. After considering my first impulse, I hit the pause button and posted it here.

Any mice that got into this car.... Headliner condition? Did the car have any kind of a cover (even plastic) over the last couple years?

Nothing is wrong with the drivetrain. I initially purchased the car because I wanted the drivetrain for a specific reason and thought about dropping in a 318 or 360 later just to cruise it. I've always liked the fender skirt look on the formal, just my preference. I am aware of the options and have decoded the tag on this very late production unit. After acquiring the car and assessing it further, I thought it responsible to first pass it on with option to be saved rather the alternative. I won't get into the semantics of my thoughts on this car otherwise. As stated, I am open to reasonable offers with option to sell with or without drivetrain. It runs ok despite the faulty lean burn computer. No miss, no noises, no leaks not even a lifter tap. After considering my first impulse, I hit the pause button and posted it here.
I thank you for finding the "pause button" before tearing her heart out. It is helpful to have a starting point price for those who would consider her, OBO is an option. I won't risk stepping on your sale with price speculation, but I will say the money is disappointing in these old girls

I can't even think about it until after I complete my mission this weekend... I'm off to Tampa to pick one up... @commando1 will have to do the Ft Myers run:poke:.

I have been meaning to get down that way to visit some folks... if she's still around in a month, maybe I can get to you and check her out. I have obligations elsewhere first. @monaco75 is kind enough to still be storing some of my crap. If I can make it, and a member wants another pair of eyes on her, I will do my best.

Which direction from Daniels? If she's road worthy and legal, I can meet you at the Half Shell on 41 for lunch or refreshments.

Any mice that got into this car.... Headliner condition? Did the car have any kind of a cover (even plastic) over the last couple years?
No mice, no critters, headliner completely intact with no holes/ tears. I am in hot sub- tropical Florida, we don't get a lot of mice. The car was garaged its entire life until 2 years ago where he pulled it outside in front of his garage partially shaded by a big tree on a concrete driveway. I rescued her and tucked her into one of my storage garages. This car is not crusty anywhere. I am from Ohio, moved my practice down to Florida 3 years ago. I would LOVE to have found cars this clean, un touched and well preserved up north I'm just into my early NSS cars, A-body street cars and trucks. Not my cup of tea but I certainly appreciate these under rated cars for sure. Here are a couple of my Mopes...

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

View attachment 138481

View attachment 138482

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

View attachment 138485

IMG_0174.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

32DC7C73-0485-40C2-ADCC-6C876627911C.JPG

No mice, no critters, headliner completely intact with no holes/ tears. I am in hot sub- tropical Florida, we don't get a lot of mice. The car was garaged its entire life until 2 years ago where he pulled it outside in front of his garage partially shaded by a big tree on a concrete driveway. I rescued her and tucked her into one of my storage garages. This car is not crusty anywhere. I am from Ohio, moved my practice down to Florida 3 years ago. I would LOVE to have found cars this clean, un touched and well preserved up north I'm just into my early NSS cars, A-body street cars and trucks. Not my cup of tea but I certainly appreciate these under rated cars for sure. Here are a couple of my Mopes...

View attachment 138479

View attachment 138480

View attachment 138481

View attachment 138482

View attachment 138483

View attachment 138484

View attachment 138485

Really love that '63 Dodge with the 426 Max Wedge. Is that an SS car with aluminum front end, etc? Oh. . . And welcome to FCBO.

Really love that '63 Dodge with the 426 Max Wedge. Is that an SS car with aluminum front end, etc? Oh. . . And welcome to FCBO.
Thanks man! It's a NSS clone with steel fenders. 520 stroker by Compu Flo Performamce (Ohio) by the late great Nick Wilson (RIP old buddy) Indy/AA Trans/Dana with all the goodies. Chassis and all other fabrication by My old buddy Richie Lash in Amherst Ohio. She saw track duty from Ohio to California and ran 9.40 consistently. I pulled her off track in 2010 took her down to shell and put her in "street trim" (10.0 form) with a lot of modifications and learning to survive the Florida heat after I moved down here in 2014. It can be done, I did it. Let's just say SW Florida was easy prey for "Maxie"

Thanks man! It's a NSS clone with steel fenders. 520 stroker by Compu Flo Performamce (Ohio) by the late great Nick Wilson (RIP old buddy) Indy/AA Trans/Dana with all the goodies. Chassis and all other fabrication by My old buddy Richie Lash in Amherst Ohio. She saw track duty from Ohio to California and ran 9.40 consistently. I pulled her off track in 2010 took her down to shell and put her in "street trim" (10.0 form) with a lot of modifications and learning to survive the Florida heat after I moved down here in 2014. It can be done, I did it. Let's just say SW Florida was easy prey for "Maxie"

Very cool. Judging by the wrinkling slicks and the front wheels in the air, I figured that motor was something more than a "stock" max wedge. The later SS hemi cars were neat too, but I always liked the early 'MOPAR 62 thru '64 wedge cars.

I thank you for finding the "pause button" before tearing her heart out. It is helpful to have a starting point price for those who would consider her, OBO is an option. I won't risk stepping on your sale with price speculation, but I will say the money is disappointing in these old girls

I can't even think about it until after I complete my mission this weekend... I'm off to Tampa to pick one up... @commando1 will have to do the Ft Myers run:poke:.

I have been meaning to get down that way to visit some folks... if she's still around in a month, maybe I can get to you and check her out. I have obligations elsewhere first. @monaco75 is kind enough to still be storing some of my crap. If I can make it, and a member wants another pair of eyes on her, I will do my best.

Which direction from Daniels? If she's road worthy and legal, I can meet you at the Half Shell on 41 for lunch or refreshments.

I live off Daniels on Plantation 4 miles west of I-75. The half shell is 4 miles from my home. I am aware of the formal market. I do however have an interest in her low mileage 400/trans obviously. I've got a couple weeks to make a decision and render disposition on her as our "season" is approaching and I'll be living in the ER/ICU all Winter until the snowbirds go home. I have a little time on my hands in sept/oct to get busy in my garage. I had her running in an hour and side street drove her around for about an hour. Good brakes, shifts good everything surprisingly tight. Lean Burn isn't advancing timing so I wouldn't attempt to drive on roads until that's replaced with electronic ignition and carb. I dropped driveshaft and towed home when I purchased. I welcome an inspection, anyone would be pleased at her overall condition. It's very odd to say the least. Once in a while you stumble across a survivor that was actually cared for. That being said, let's just put it out there, what is a ballpark fair offer to save her for somebody who would appreciate her?

OBO is an option. I won't risk stepping on your sale with price speculation, but I will say the money is disappointing in these old girls
I really need a starting point from the seller to even consider a car. I don't want to piss off the seller or get pissed off by the seller.

I need a starting point....

img_0001-jpg.jpg

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back