For Sale 82 Imperial/Sunroof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking car.....just not a color I would choose nor want. Although he has put some money into the car he should fix the other issues before trying to get that asking price. If car was mint and EVERYTHING working with low mileage VERIFIED, I don't think the price is out of character.

I can live with that color, inside and out, the sunroof "shield" not moving with the glass, and the headlight door closing issue. What would concern me is what all was or was not changed with the carb conversion, plus the fuel gauge issue. Plus the eventual need to get the fuel line rubber items upgraded to the modern E10-tolerant items, if not done already, front to back.

I suspect that the low mileage is a big part of the asking price, then and now. Wonder why the seller wanted the car back then? Then spent more money on it and now desires to sell it? Not a very good "used car flip". Needs an OEM-style Chrysler air cleaner, though, at any price.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Not Mine...

Another Sunroof beauty.. WAY to much money, but I get his reason for asking... he’ll never see it.! But I get it.

1982 Chrysler Imperial | eBay
For all the people that think brown exterior and brown leather couch inside is ugly, this color combo should induce vomiting.
The only exterior color that interior belongs with is black.

I've heard there were problems with the EFI system. Can someone please explain this in great detail? Also, I would like to know who absolutely hates these cars; just for the record.

I've heard there were problems with the EFI system. Can someone please explain this in great detail? Also, I would like to know who absolutely hates these cars; just for the record.
Welcome back. I missed you... :rolleyes:

Seems that he spent a good bit of money to buy and transport the car to him. Then more money to address some issues which were somewhat common to the car. Now it's for sale again? After getting some new stuff put on it to replace the old (allegedly bad), which should make it sell better? Something probably "spooked" him? There's a "third level down" story as to why it's for sale again. Something we can speculate on.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back