A arm splash shields for a 71 C body

CanCritter

Reaction score
basicly looking for some A arm splash shields...found couple sets on ebay and was just wondering if theres anywhere else to pick these up..supporting vender ect type idea?

Thanx

I recently got a set for my 69, I have not installed them yet.
They are a heavier material, maybe even different, more rubber like.

Alan

goin offa 330s recomondation...far as l understand it DMT is the factory that's been supplying these to various companys ie gm..mopar ect..know theres the ones on hood...A arms and belive thers another splash shield underneath rad area...

Last edited:
k heres da scoop on them...fella started buiss 8 years ago when he couldn't find splash guards for his mopar...says hes a car guy and his stuff is top notch....will ask Paul to send pics when they arrive

I like supporting DMT. He is a sponsor here and he has gone out of the way to bail many of us out on unobtanium.

Ditto on that, to say he went out of his way on my car is an understatement!

Alan

k then perfect...don't mind seeing my coin go to folks like this...makes it a little easyer

I know this is an old post, and I am up to my arse making new stuff, but these C bodies have me perplexed as to what splash shields fit what years / models.

For example, I just did this complete set for a guy in Europe. Nice guy. Might be "Paul" you are referring to. BIG help with pictures and sending me his parts. So attached is a picture of all the splash shields and a brief description of each. What i'd like to know is am I correct in assuming these are for all 69-71 Chrysler Newports, New Yorkers and 300's? OR are these just for 300's? And maybe just for 1970 300's (ouch if thats the case).

CXX6971SS90 2000 69 CHRYS 300 PAUL WACKER 25.jpg

Large piece wraps under radiator and clips onto splash pan
2 dog leg shaped pieces wrap up under frt bumper on both sides.
2 triangular shaped pieces mount to the frame rails just behind the A arms
2 large pieces go over the A arms / frt suspension
2 small pieces at the bottom of the picture mount to the frame rails just in frt of the A arms

Once we get this sorted out I have a few different A arm splash shields for C bodies I need to nail down.
65-68 C body - pretty sure that is straight forward.
64-66 Imperial - have a set customer sent. They are different than the 65-68 C body ones. Made from thinner material than others. The low mileage original set he sent almost looked home made.
69-73 C Body? Looks kinda similar to the 65-68.
Then I have a set like the ones in the picture above but they don't have thicker down leg.
Then these in the picture above which again I'm assuming are for 69-71 Chrysler Newport, New Yorker & 300
Lastly I know later model, 69-73 imperial splash shields are different. I don't have a set of these.
I'll post pictures.

THEN I have 2 other lower radiator splash shields.
Pretty sure I have those sorted out as 69-72(73?) Dodge and 69-72(73?) Plymouth.
I'll post pictures.

Thanks!

I have an intact 1971 splash shield I am about to install in my car, I can take a pic of that if you wish. My car is a Plymouth Fury

I have an intact 1971 splash shield I am about to install in my car, I can take a pic of that if you wish. My car is a Plymouth Fury

That'd be super. If you could snap a picture of the A arm splash shields, the ones that hang on the frame rails on each side and the lower radiator one I'd really appreciate it.

This is the 69-71 (72? 73?) piece I have for below the radiator on Plymouth C bodies. Dodges are different. And Chryslers different yet. Even if you can't snap a picture if you could confirm that IS the same as the one on your car It'd be a big help.

C Plym Rad.jpg

That'd be super. If you could snap a picture of the A arm splash shields, the ones that hang on the frame rails on each side and the lower radiator one I'd really appreciate it.

This is the 69-71 (72? 73?) piece I have for below the radiator on Plymouth C bodies. Dodges are different. And Chryslers different yet. Even if you can't snap a picture if you could confirm that IS the same as the one on your car It'd be a big help.

View attachment 83852
That is definitely different to mine. I have two 1971 Furies here and both their shields were the same. You will see once I take a pic for you tomorrow. I will also check the 2 x 1969 Furies i have as well as the 70.

Jim, while we're on the subject, a couple of years ago, I sent to you a 7pc. set for 74-78 C-bodies (thank you for the raw material, btw, much appreciated).
Have you tinkered around with those yet?

Jim, while we're on the subject, a couple of years ago, I sent to you a 7pc. set for 74-78 C-bodies (thank you for the raw material, btw, much appreciated).
Have you tinkered around with those yet?

You'e very welcome. Glad to help and thank you fr your old pieces for my "parts database". I think I have most of them drawn in CAD which means then I'd need to have the tools made. But like you mentioned above they are kind of expensive and the company, as small as we are, isn't a non profit :)

I did a set of splash shields for 70's Dodge trucks. Had quite a few guys ask about them because all that were available were from one company that just scans in the parts no matter what shape they're in. They never get the details or materials right. I spent a week of time creating them in CAD, laser cut paper templates 100 times to get them perfect, investigated the special clips made that hold them to the frame rails that are no longer available, spent $2500 on tools and all I've heard are crickets. Can't do THAT too many times.

Okay here is the pic of the front splash shield out of my 71 Sport Fury, the one in the 71 Fury III I have is the same too.

71 Fury.jpg

Okay here is the pic of the front splash shield out of my 71 Sport Fury, the one in the 71 Fury III I have is the same too.

View attachment 83883

DARN! Another one. Did they put a different one in each model? Are these 2 or 4 drs? Looking in the parts books there did appear to be different part numbers for different years and 2 and 4dr. I may have to stop while I have some $ left in the bank! :)

Back